Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

international (US) shoe sizes / converse

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi, i am trying to get some shoes off the internet for my girlfriend

i know that she takes a UK size 6 for converse (assuming that converse is the same sizing for all types), but the only website i can find them on is one which uses american sizes.

according to this; http://www.cntraveller.com/Toolkit/shoe_sizes.asp , then a UK 6 is a USA 7.5 - but is there a difference for men & women or what?

confused and can't afford to get it wrong!

many thanks :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I am a size 6 here (UK) and my (US-bought) Converse are a "women's 8" or "men's 6". Converse tend to be unisex so often have both sizes marked in.
    Yes, women and men sizes are different.

If you go to the Converse website, they can actually convert for you. Go to the women's shoes --> http://www.converse.com/index.aspx?mode=shoes&fid=2#shoes

Click "sizes" go to UK and it will tell you "Not all Converse shoes follow standard USA sizing. Just click on your size and we will convert it to the Converse size that fits you."

Then find the shoe and find out the size you need and go back to your website and purchase the shoes in the size that will fit your girlfriend. :D
    converse shoe chart

Hey all!!

You can find a universal chart for shoes from the usa, europe and the UK - Converse Shoes Chart
    viscione wrote: »
    Hey all!!

You can find a universal chart for shoes from the usa, europe and the UK - Converse Shoes Chart

n00b! ;)