Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Treatment question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been a self-injurer for five years and eating disordered for four. I resently relapsed into cutting again after I stopped for about three months. I've been hospitalized for self-injury twice and never told them about my ED. I relapsed on SI both times. but then again, it was only for a week both times. My question is if I tell someone and ask for residenial treatment (my parents refuse to pay for anything) would/could they get in trouble for not giving me the treatment I need and would/could I be turned over to the custody of the state?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Which country are you in?
    I'm in the United States. in Nebraska if that helps.
    Ah ok. :) Well, this is a predominantly UK site (although we have a few American friends on here) ... so I am not sure that many of us will know the laws that you have there.

Why do you want residential treatment particularly? And are you worried about being taken into state custody - or are you just asking because that is a possible option?
    I don't really want to be in state custody because I could end up anywhere. but the short-term treatments don't work well for me and I've also been in outpatient treatment which was a complete waste of time.
    Long term treatment, or hospitization works for some but it only pauses life's worries. it takes a long time to get back into your daily routine, etc once out of hospital.
    why do you want to be in hospital?
    Taylour wrote: »
    I don't really want to be in state custody because I could end up anywhere. but the short-term treatments don't work well for me and I've also been in outpatient treatment which was a complete waste of time.

I think you need to tell the doctors about your ED, dude. You're just dragging out the chance for you to be suitably diagnosed and treated.