Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

downstairs...

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah

I guess waxing would last longer as its growing back new not just the big full grown hair growing through again... Hmm am very tempted!
    patience wrote: »
    I am really into the idea of waxing now. Cause shaving doesnt last all that long. How long will waxing last BTW?
    I am too much of a chicken to let someone else do it and too much of a chicken to do it myself though!

I got my first one done professionally then topped it up myself - I didnt have to take my pants off and the lady was really nice, it was a bizarre conversation though:
    'so what do you do?'
    'Im a stu-OOO-dent, and i work with ki-III-ds'
    'Oh, do you enjoy it?'
    'Yeah, it's really ni-III-ice'
    etc :P

Boots bikini wax is good. I started getting little wispy hairs a week or so after the first wax, but they come off really easily and with much less pain than the first wax.

I'm quite impressed with the percentage of you girls who embrace waxing! I'm a big fan, but haven't really come across that many.

In my expeerience, big muffs are actually back in :P
    Evenstar wrote: »
    it was a bizarre conversation though:
    'so what do you do?'
    'Im a stu-OOO-dent, and i work with ki-III-ds'
    'Oh, do you enjoy it?'
    'Yeah, it's really ni-III-ice'
    etc :P

:thumb: Hillarious!
    I'm feeling more confident about doing it now ive read this thread. Just gotta past the pain!
    Lexi99, you are BRAVE!
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    I'm feeling more confident about doing it now ive read this thread. Just gotta past the pain!

It's half an hour, and then weeks of baby-soft smoothness AND it hurts less the more you do it AND you get less hair the more you do it. I believe in you, Lexi - go damage your fanny follicles with pride!
    It's half an hour, and then weeks of baby-soft smoothness AND it hurts less the more you do it AND you get less hair the more you do it. I believe in you, Lexi - go damage your fanny follicles with pride!

spot on :)
    Evenstar wrote: »
    In my expeerience, big muffs are actually back in :P

Someone's been spreading misinformation! They totally need to stay in the 70s.

Also, what experience have you had with so many big muffs to be able to declare them 'back in'! :d

:nervous:

I just have to get round to finding the best one in my area and making an appointment. Im sure one day i will
    right well i finally braved it, and went to boots and got some waxing strips. And i have to say it did not hurt at much as i thought and removed the majority of hair leaving it nice a smooth. however it had still left a few hairs which im abiy anoyed about and its still red and blotchy even though i did it this time yesterday. so although it feels just about ok, it dont look amazing. and im seeing my boyfriend later ha, could be intresting. anyone know how to remove the last few hairs? and make the redness go away?
    You could remove the last few hairs with tweezers?
    I found out I am not too fussed actually. I think it looks actually quite fine, when the hair on a girl regrow there for 2 or 3 weeks.

Then again I am a fan of the 3-days-beard, so maybe that's why.

But heyho, do what you must ladies, to feel comfortable yourself.
    emy1234 wrote: »
    However it had still left a few hairs which im abiy anoyed about and its still red and blotchy even though i did it this time yesterday. so although it feels just about ok, it dont look amazing. and im seeing my boyfriend later ha, could be intresting. anyone know how to remove the last few hairs? and make the redness go away?

The redness might take a few days to totally disappear the first time you wax. (I actually had a smallish black bruise develop the first time. V. embarrassing!) But it will get easier and the redness will disappear quicker each time. With DIY waxing at home, you will always get a few stray hairs. As someone posted earlier, a professional salon would get a perfect finish. However, I just pluck the strays out with tweezers. :yes:
    I've been getting Brazilian waxes for two years now, and could never go back to shaving. Ingrown hairs are a bitch, but Tendskin is really good for that.

Anyone going for their first brazilian, don't be disheartened if the first couple of waxes aren't perfect (ie, redness, ingrowns, stray hairs, broken hairs, etc) - it takes a couple of sessions to get a really good wax, and it does get less painful every time. The pain barely even bothers me, now.

Also, don't worry about stripping off in front of the beautician. Some will do it around your underwear, some will give you a paper thong to put on, and some will just tell you to take everything off and lie on the table. Does it really make that much of a difference?

Besides, if you're getting a Brazilian or a Hollywood, there's not really much point hiding in underwear. After all, they get to see everything. Underwear just means they see little parts at a time.