Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Crush.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A little sensitivity, chap...
    From Thunderstruck? Are you expecting miracles, sir?
  • Options
    Not as immature as thinking that inserting a load of plastic into your chest will make you a happier person.

It's not to make me a happier person. It's to help my confidence. Plenty of women get boob jobs, for many different reasons and mine is not for any stupid reason either. And I'm only going to a C/D. So fuck off, don't be so horrible.
  • Options
    I'm not here to argue about boobs. I was trying to discuss this 'crusssh' of mine.
  • Options
    Sorry, force of habit.
  • Options
    In one of the first threads that didn't mention boobs, why did you bring them up?!
  • Options
    lyric wrote: »

Not funny because I already have a consultation booked for my boob job. How immature are you.

Wasn't supposed to be funny, but sensible advice. I guess that you thought it was a joke at your expense shows just how immature you are.

But feel free to ignore the only person who wasn't negative about you taking it further
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    In one of the first threads that didn't mention boobs, why did you bring them up?!

Because she gets herself into an almighty mess by lying about them. If she's going to enter a new relationship it'll be better if she starts without handicapping herself.
  • Options
    grace wrote: »

Exactly.
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »
    Wasn't supposed to be funny, but sensible advice. I guess that you thought it was a joke at your expense shows just how immature you are.

But feel free to ignore the only person who wasn't negative about you taking it further

I just wanted advice on what to do about this guy lol. I don't know what I will say about my boobs, I haven;t even thought about that.
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »
    Because she gets herself into an almighty mess by lying about them. If she's going to enter a new relationship it'll be better if she starts without handicapping herself.

I'mnot in a mess at all. My current boyfriend knows and knows I'm getting a boob job. Thank you very much.
  • Options
    Lyric, get a boob job if you want one :) You deserve to be happy, and if you think that getting a boob job will help you be confident (which in turn will help you be happy) then go for it :) A lot of women, including my step-mum, get boob jobs to help them be more confident.

In relation to the original post, I think you need to choose between your boyfriend and the other guy. Because, at the end of the day, you can only have one, and you don't want it to go too far with this other guy... and then decide actually, you want your boyfriend back.
    Xx
  • Options

The right thing to do is not to flirt with him, but when does harmless flirting stop becoming harmless or is it always harmless?

I'm sure there are pages and pages on the internet devoted to definitions of flirting. In my book, "flirting" is harmless where it occurs between a man and a woman who find each other attractive ... but are understood (by each other and by their partners) to have absolutely NO INTENTION of having a sexual relationship. Flirty behaviour can include almost any sort of interaction from a smile, a saucy wink, a cheeky conversation, a pat on the bum ... But, if you fancy someone enough to have actually kissed them, you have crossed the line between flirting and sexual overture. In fact, I don't think I have ever kissed a man who I didn't subsequently end up in bed with :blush: .

I don't suppose this is the same chap you kissed for a dare when you got wasted at a party earlier in the year, is it? In any event, I would say your cosy relationship with your boyfriend is in trouble, and you need to face up to some difficult choices.
  • Options
    Lyric, get a boob job if you want one :) You deserve to be happy, and if you think that getting a boob job will help you be confident (which in turn will help you be happy) then go for it :) A lot of women, including my step-mum, get boob jobs to help them be more confident.

In relation to the original post, I think you need to choose between your boyfriend and the other guy. Because, at the end of the day, you can only have one, and you don't want it to go too far with this other guy... and then decide actually, you want your boyfriend back.
    Xx

Thank you :) I know I'm making the right decisions about my boobs.

And, tbh, fancying someone isn't really a good excuse to wreck a relationship, so you're right.
    Now I'm thinking about my ex :/
    Dunno what's wrong with me.
  • Options
    I'm sure there are pages and pages on the internet devoted to definitions of flirting. In my book, "flirting" is harmless where it occurs between a man and a woman who find each other attractive ... but are understood (by each other and by their partners) to have absolutely NO INTENTION of having a sexual relationship. Flirty behaviour can include almost any sort of interaction from a smile, a saucy wink, a cheeky conversation, a pat on the bum ... But, if you fancy someone enough to have actually kissed them, you have crossed the line between flirting and sexual overture. In fact, I don't think I have ever kissed a man who I didn't subsequently end up in bed with :blush: .

I don't suppose this is the same chap you kissed for a dare when you got wasted at a party earlier in the year, is it? In any event, I would say your cosy relationship with your boyfriend is in trouble, and you need to face up to some difficult choices.

I didn't kiss him for a dare, I kissed him because I was drunk and fancied him and he fancied me back and still does. What should I do :/
  • Options
    Sorry about the light font.
  • Options
    I didn't kiss him for a dare, I kissed him because I was drunk and fancied him and he fancied me back and still does. What should I do

I don't know how much plainer we can make this for you. If you fancied the guy enough to kiss him back in January and your feelings for each other haven't changed, you cannot possibly still be in love with your boyfriend. You are just with him because it is easier than being honest with him and ending it. Even if it turns out that the other man is not the man of your dreams in the long run, there is no value in living a lie.
  • Options
    You need to come clean to your boyfriend. As discussed ad infinitum here, it's not necessarily the act which is bad, it's the fact that you lied to him.

So this was last summer, and in the thread I've linked to, you cheated on him again in January this year? I'll repost my views from last time and your replies as I think they're relevant.

T: No sympathy from me I'm afraid. If you love him as much as you say you do, you would have told him straight away. If I were your boyfriend, I would dump you, not because of a drunken kiss, but because you lied. That is a whole lot worse in my book.

L: I don't want to tell him But what if I think about it forever?

T: That's called guilt. Have you entertained the possibility that if you decide not to tell him (which, by the way I think is wrong and very deceitful but hey ho), that he might find out from someone else? Basically, you've made your bed and now you have to lie in it. You have to tell him the truth and not some bullshit version of it.

L: The intention wasn't there so I'm going to stick to the story that the other lad kissed me. Which he did. I refused but in the end, I kissed back so he would leave me alone and because I was drunk, and I really regretted it.

T: Which, I'm sorry to say, makes you a liar.

This still rings true. Either you tell him, and deal with the consequences, or you hide it from him, making you a liar, and also increasing the risk that he finds out from someone else. If that were me, option number one would make me angry, but option number two would make me go absolutely ape shit mental. Under option one, there is a chance he may not dump you as you've been honest and told him. Under option two, better find yourself a new boyfriend.
  • Options
    I don't know how much plainer we can make this for you. If you fancied the guy enough to kiss him back in January and your feelings for each other haven't changed, you cannot possibly still be in love with your boyfriend. You are just with him because it is easier than being honest with him and ending it. Even if it turns out that the other man is not the man of your dreams in the long run, there is no value in living a lie.

I kissed this other guy back last Summer. Not January, I have been with my boyfriend since January. I'm just scared in case I do something I regret. Because I feel like I have done just that my choosing my current boyfriend over my ex.
  • Options
    You need to come clean to your boyfriend. As discussed ad infinitum here, it's not necessarily the act which is bad, it's the fact that you lied to him.

So this was last summer, and in the thread I've linked to, you cheated on him again in January this year? I'll repost my views from last time and your replies as I think they're relevant.

T: No sympathy from me I'm afraid. If you love him as much as you say you do, you would have told him straight away. If I were your boyfriend, I would dump you, not because of a drunken kiss, but because you lied. That is a whole lot worse in my book.

L: I don't want to tell him But what if I think about it forever?

T: That's called guilt. Have you entertained the possibility that if you decide not to tell him (which, by the way I think is wrong and very deceitful but hey ho), that he might find out from someone else? Basically, you've made your bed and now you have to lie in it. You have to tell him the truth and not some bullshit version of it.

L: The intention wasn't there so I'm going to stick to the story that the other lad kissed me. Which he did. I refused but in the end, I kissed back so he would leave me alone and because I was drunk, and I really regretted it.

T: Which, I'm sorry to say, makes you a liar.

This still rings true. Either you tell him, and deal with the consequences, or you hide it from him, making you a liar, and also increasing the risk that he finds out from someone else. If that were me, option number one would make me angry, but option number two would make me go absolutely ape shit mental. Under option one, there is a chance he may not dump you as you've been honest and told him. Under option two, better find yourself a new boyfriend.

The lad I kissed in January isn't this one I'm 'crushing' on! That was just a no mark..

The one I had a 'thing' with last year is J.
    The one I kissed In January by accident is G.
    My current boyfriend is W.
    My ex is K.

Not giving actual names but they are the first letters.
  • Options
    The one I kissed In January by accident is G.

Oh my god, G?

Now I knew why he left. That little prat.

Not giving actual names but they are the first letters.

Oh, phew, good you gave that away. I thought you were fancying the Men in Black.
  • Options

What should I do :/

If the situation was reversed, and he was running around daydreaming about his ex and flirting with another girl and kissing girls behind your back, you'd be really upset, wouldn't you? So why is it ok for you to do it?

Do your boyfriend a favour and end it with him. You are clearly not mature or respectful enough to be in a relationship and you're making total idiots out of both him and yourself. I'm really sorry if that sounds harsh, but you've been a cheat and a liar and you don't even seem to feel bad about it. I can't help feeling sorry for your boyfriend.
  • Options
    ^^ This

Lyric, do the decent thing and try to salvage some form of self-respect from this situation.

It's time to take responsibility for your actions.
  • Options
    I kissed this other guy back last Summer. Not January, I have been with my boyfriend since January. I'm just scared in case I do something I regret. Because I feel like I have done just that my choosing my current boyfriend over my ex.

I'm with Butterflykisses and Thunderstruck on this. You are lucky in that you are an attractive young woman. Men are bound to be interested in you, so you need to do some serious growing up. Otherwise this situation is going to be repeated over and over until you develop the reputation of being unreliable and an easy lay ... and there's a word for women like that!
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Oh my god, G?

Now I knew why he left. That little prat.

Oh, phew, good you gave that away. I thought you were fancying the Men in Black.

You are so MEAN, Strubbies! :p
    Xx
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Oh my god, G?

Haha.
  • Options
    If the situation was reversed, and he was running around daydreaming about his ex and flirting with another girl and kissing girls behind your back, you'd be really upset, wouldn't you? So why is it ok for you to do it?

Do your boyfriend a favour and end it with him. You are clearly not mature or respectful enough to be in a relationship and you're making total idiots out of both him and yourself. I'm really sorry if that sounds harsh, but you've been a cheat and a liar and you don't even seem to feel bad about it. I can't help feeling sorry for your boyfriend.

I am just confused with my feelings.
  • Options
    I'm with Butterflykisses and Thunderstruck on this. You are lucky in that you are an attractive young woman. Men are bound to be interested in you, so you need to do some serious growing up. Otherwise this situation is going to be repeated over and over until you develop the reputation of being unreliable and an easy lay ... and there's a word for women like that!

But I just don't know who/what I want!
  • Options
    :(
  • Options
    *sigh* what happened?