Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Clothes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have dropped a stone... So I'm around a size 14...

For most of my life, I have been too embarrassed to shop for clothes and now, need to due to my weight loss.

I have literally no 'going out' clothes... I'm looking for something trendy, or funky, but a bit tomboyish

Any ideas?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well done on the weight loss thats fantastic, no better feeling than having to buy new clothes cause your old ones are to big.
    Not sure i can help with a tomboy look to be honest,for obvious reasons its about as far removed from what i shop for as its possible to be :)
    I would suggest loose fitting jeans and some t shirts with big loud graphics maybe an open blouse over a vest top?
    Not got any advice on clothing but congratulations on losing a stone :thumb:
    welldone you!

Would you wear skinny jeans or bootleg jeans? they can look casual or dressed up expecially if you get them in black or grey.

If you don't want to wear heels, try flat pumps. you can get them quite plain now and they will look lovely with the jeans :yes:

Remember with black you can wear pretty much any colour with it. try not to wear too much black together- be proud to show off your new figure!!

what colours do you feel comfortable in, top wise?

hope this is any use!

BB X
    Well done

How about something like this

Its free and just you and the personal shopper so you don't need to feel overly self conscious - you might just buy a few things but they can usually give you some pointers as to what would look good on your new shape.
    Wyetry wrote: »
    Well done

How about something like this

Its free and just you and the personal shopper so you don't need to feel overly self conscious - you might just buy a few things but they can usually give you some pointers as to what would look good on your new shape.

I used that service when I needed some new jeans and it was great. They went and got lots of pairs in my size and gave lots of really helpful advice. It's free and you don't have to buy anything but I ended up buying three pairs.