Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Black&White 2 and Windows 7

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is there any reason this wouldn't work? I've stuck the disc into my drive and it's not doing anything. I can hear it whirring about but it's not coming up with an install box and it's not being recognised when I go into Computer.

If it's the disc, I might cry. Was looking forward to playing again after I digged it out :(.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's a crap game for the record. B&W 1 is much better.

Do other disks recognize when you insert them? It does sound like it's the disk.
    B&W 1 involves me digging through my bedroom. Or a box in the garage. I don't remember where it is ;o.

I know it's not amazing, but I'm bored of Sims and WoW and wanted to try something else :(.

Other discs are fine. Balls :(.
    is the disc scrached or has it got any cracks on it?
    Nope, that's why I asked. It looks brand new.
    If i remember that game had some funky copy protection, so thats probably what stops it working, if anything. Have you googled for it?
    Yeah, came up with not a whole lot. Will have another search later on.
    Check if you have something called Alcohol 120% on your PC. When I bought the Sims 2 in 2004 and attempted to install it, it wouldn't play ball because I apparently had Alcohol 120% on my machine. I had no idea what it was at the time, nor how it got onto my PC but it was related to piracy. DVD copying or something. (no spyware found on my PC though). Once I got shot of that, the game installed fine.

Franki, which Sims were you playing? I was heavily into 1 & 3, but I never really got into #2. The rest of the planet however seems to think that #2 is the best Sims game. How come you're getting bored of WoW? I know you told me on another thread (about WoW addiction) that it is down to preference which bit of WoW people liked best. For me, the expansions didn't capture my heart like the original Azeroth-based game did. For Blizzard to win me back into WoW, I would say that the game needs to move away from the 2004-based graphics engine. My favourite instance was ZF. Favourite raid was BWL.