Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

stupid much?

Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
:banghead: eughh i keep taking pills. on saturday i took some paracetemol not sure how many. then onn tuesday i took 8 paracetemol. wednesday was 8 ibuprofen and 2 paracetemol. i want some now and i wanna cry. im taking them because my cutting isnt enough theres never enough blood and i cant smoke. :banghead: it only made me feel a little bit sick but there isnt enough to do me any real harm i just love putting potentially dangerous stuff into my body )::banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Paracetamol can cause serious liver damage even at those doses, if you feel even a little ill please see your dr, it could be something serious
  • Options
    :crying: i dont want to see the doctor i want to hurt and i have to go to bed in a minute and i want to ask my dad for some pills :banghead: :crying:
  • Options
    Annaarrr!! wrote: »
    there isnt enough to do me any real harm i just love putting potentially dangerous stuff into my body ):

you are wrong. what you are doing is extremely dangerous. even if you consider what you are taking to be a small number (which it is not), the chances are that the longer this goes on, the more you will take.

There are often no symptoms in the first 24 hours following overdose, although there may be mild nausea and vomiting. In a large overdose liver function deteriorates leading to jaundice, confusion, and loss of consciousness. Death is rare but when it occurs it is due to liver failure.
    - from http://www.pharmweb.net/pwmirror/pwy/paracetamol/pharmwebpic9.html

you make your own choice anna but you really shouldn't carry on what you are doing. you could do irreversible damage to yourself.
  • Options
    Hey Annarrr, i hope you are feeling a little better about things today.
    There is not really much advice i can give you that has'nt already been said, but you must understand that you need to seek help i am sure you know of the various places where you can talk to people who will understand and give you help if when your ready for it.

Perhaps if you find yourself in a positive mood today you cpould take the opportunity to get rid of any pain killers in the house so that you are not tempted in future.

*hug*
  • Options
    *hug* I'm sorry you are going through such a hard time just now. Last year I started doing the same thing and I remember how awful that time was for me, especially not having anyone around to support me.
    Self harm has been a part of my life for too long now, however the overdose period of my life was brief. The reason I wanted to do it was so I could hurt inside as well as outside, however this was in the lead up to when I actually attempted suicide.
    Yeah I know it may not seem like it but hunny it really could be harming your organs, these are lifelong effects I mean. One day we will get better I am sure, even though a lot of the time there seems little hope of anything ever improving. But even when you are in a better place you will still have these serious consequences that the evil that is depression has left you.

I am here if you need to talk, you aren't alone I promise. I still struggles against the urges to OD sometimes too.
  • Options
    Louisek wrote: »
    Perhaps if you find yourself in a positive mood today you cpould take the opportunity to get rid of any pain killers in the house so that you are not tempted in future.

*hug*

My dad has to have them because he's in pain like all the time. he gets shit loads and i just ask him for two he says go for it and i end up taking 8. i really want some more. i dont know what to do anymore, i would be ok if i had a cigarette but ive already chain smoked a pack and im at home so i cant. blaaah.
  • Options
    ok so ive just taken a box of them from the cupboard. and well, i dunno. just kinda sat with em next to me.
  • Options
    As hard as it is try not to take them. Try doing anything else instead.

*hug*
  • Options
    im crying because i want to take them but im scared of something happening and having to live through the consequences. i had a really good day today so i dont know why i want to hurt myself atm its rather confusing.
  • Options
    do you know what has happened to make you feel so bad?
  • Options
    nope. i just feel like shit. ive been having sevvere moodswings all week
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Annaarrr!! wrote: »
    nope. i just feel like shit. ive been having sevvere moodswings all week

Hey Annaarr,
    Really sorry to hear you've been feeling so low lately. You said you had a good day yesterday - what did you get up to? :)
  • Options
    okk so i've taken 16 ibuprofen in 18 hours. not sure whats gonna happen not sure if i care. my mum found me smoking so more lies about stuff. and i cut again. fuck my life? mm hmmm...:crying:
  • Options
    Hi Annarrr,

How are you feeling today? Hope things are a little better. Let us know how you're getting on...

*hug*
  • Options
    You need to stop taking these tablets before it does some serious damage. You're obviously stressed which could result in stomach ulcers. My uncle was stressed with work and had a cold, he kept taking Nurofen for his cold, however, such tablets can weaken your stomach lining and due to the ulcers this lining became so weak that it split and he very nearlly bled to death and had to have his stomach removed. Please stop taking them before something serious happens like this, it's not worth it.