Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

changing universities, how hard is it?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I want to move universities but stay on the same course & i was wondering how hard it is, for example to make new friends & find somewhere to stay/ share with other students as everyone will already know eachother etc.?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I changed uni's in my second year...it took quite a while for me to do but thats just because of my course. I was really nervous about starting and being new but after the first day it was fine. Luckily the tutors where expecting me and everyone was lovely and really helpful :)
  • Options
    I changed after my first year and while I didn't really make any new friends aside from people I knew through others, that was because I am not a very sociable person. I lived in halls in my second year because I'd moved, which was fine although it became difficult towards the end of the year because obviously they were mostly first years whose work wasn't as important.

Sometimes I wish I had stayed in my first uni because of the friends I had there, but I know that I probably wouldn't have done much better there.

If you think it's something that will benefit you academically, then go for it.