Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

confused....

Starry nightStarry night Posts: 674 Incredible Poster
i feel really anxious here.....
I think I am bisexual....or lesbian.....I am 15. When I was younger it is something I really panicked about. I think i have repressed it over the years. when someone mentions being gay I do panic...but it feels like there is something grounded in me,like I am like that. I feel really scared.
Thanks XXXXXXXX

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi starry night.

It sounds like you're feeling quite confused as well as scared; what exactly is it that you're feeling scared of when it comes to your sexuality?

Are you attracted to girls? Sometimes when you panic about something that might happen, you almost make it real in your head because you're so worried about it.

If you could tell us a bit more about how you're feeling, it would be easier for us to help you out.

In the meantime, try to give yourself a bit of space. Allow yourself to be who you are and feel how you're feeling without trying to put a label on it. You couldn't pay me to be 15 again; it can be really difficult at your age to get a grip on your emotions and work out who you are and how you feel. But it will pass, and you don't have to decide these things right now.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think being a teenager is/was scarey in some ways for most people, coming to terms with who we really are at a time when our bodies are minds are all over the place is never going to be easy.
    We are all so worried about what others are doing and what others are thinking that we can lose track of what we really need for ourselves.
    I think you have to try and relax and enjoy these years where you are free to experiment with your feelings and remember you are allowed to make mistakes.
    You don't have to label yourself now or at anytime if you don't want to.
    If you are gay then there is oddles of support around and plenty of people to talk through any worries you have.
    You may find your sexual prefrences will change many times over the next few years, there is no hiding the fact that this is a confusing time, falling for a certain boy or a certain girl or even a crush on someone out of reach may make you question yourself time and again.
    If you can just try to relax about it and see where life takes you and enjoy the ride on the way.