Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The Miracle Of Protein

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
People who lack sufficient information on a given subject—or who do not think about it much—may arrive at a number of mistaken ideas, or may be deliberately led astray by others.
For example, for those with little interest in how a television works and no idea of what components the mechanism consists, the television set is simply a means of watching films or news programs. Those people will be unable to appreciate the marvelous technology in the apparatus if they remain unaware of how the video and audio signals reach the television, and do not consider how the image appears on the screen. How satellite connections are established, how images originating from another country first head into space and then without encountering any obstruction reach the television in their home with full sound and color, what function its components serve, what materials are used to make it, and the logic behind the remote control device—none of that matters! They view a television as merely an electrical device for watching selected programs.
What, you may wonder, is this analogy doing in the introduction to a book about proteins? To emphasize that lacking information on any particular subject may lead to serious errors or superficiality. When people fail to consider certain issues, they may remain unaware of the most vital matters. True, not understanding how a television set works or not giving the subject much thought may not represent too much of a loss. Yet not considering the question of how life on Earth began and survived—and blindly believing in unrealistic "answers" to that question—may cause people to make the most serious errors and suffer the most serious losses. Therefore, we urgently need to reflect on the origins of life.
How did life begin? By describing various features of proteins—the basic building blocks of life—this book provides the only valid answer: that life began by being created by Allah, the Superior and Mighty Creator.
Allah calls in the Qur'an to those who are unaware of this truth:
Does not man recall that We created him before when he was not anything? (Surah Maryam: 67)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I thought this was about the benefits of swallowing spunk :D
    Gosh this is a very interesting read.
    Allah is in a protein television set?
    Wow. Random OP.
    I thought the same as RS :D
    Woohoo!

It's not just Christians that are intelligent design nutters.
    woohoo! Hold on, that's cause for celeration?
    I'm pleased and somewhat disturbed that this thread is not in the Sex section of the website.
    Sorry I must be lazy, but paragraphs would've made me more likely to read it.
    Sorry I must be lazy, but paragraphs would've made me more likely to read it.

I think the general gist is that Allah, who made protein, is like a TV set. I think.
    grace wrote: »
    I think the general gist is that Allah, who made protein, is like a TV set. I think.

That's true man.
    And John Logie Baird invented Tv soooooooooo

John Logie Baird is the ONE true God :)

Right, that's that sorted. Who's for tea and a buttery muffin ?
    me me, can I have jam too, please?
    No jam, i haz 'conserve' dead posh like, but only coz it was BOGOF in Sainsburys' :D
    even better
    By the way here is the miracle protein molecule Laminin. This protein is a cell adhesion molecule it holds the cells in your body together, without it you would literally fall apart. It also looks a lot like a cross which reminds me of Paul in Colossians when he says; "in God all things hold together".
    laminin.jpg
    garfield2, I'm interested in what you have to say. Please tell me more, or feel free to PM me and prosthelytize. :)

*it will backfire on you though*
    Goldsword wrote: »
    It also looks a lot like a cross.
    laminin.jpg

No it doesn't.

It looks like -

a) An impending, multiple train crash on the District, Central and Piccadilly lines

or

b) What London Underground would look like if Alton Towers ran it.
    By the way here is the miracle protein molecule Laminin. This protein is a cell adhesion molecule it holds the cells in your body together, without it you would literally fall apart. It also looks a lot like a cross which reminds me of Paul in Colossians when he says; "in God all things hold together".
    laminin.jpg

Only cos it's upside down

It should be this way around really:
    upside%20down%20cross.jpg

Which reminds me of Bruce Forsythe when he says "Nice to see you, to see you, nice"
    laminin.jpg
    Haha, I thought this was a satirical post by one of our more cynical posters, but then I saw you posted it, so I guess not? :lol:
    laminin.jpg

LOL, Xtian fail. It's as funny as intelligent design.

It's a diagram - I know the religious have a slightly shaky view on reality, but you do know the difference, don't you? Hint, women don't look like this
    98715309femalewc.jpg, and there is no "thermos flask" underpinning the London Underground

Of course, even if we accept that ghod intended us to consider the diagram, those spirally bits? I don't remember those on any Christian cross. In fact a pretty fundamental part of a cross is it consists of two straight parts "crossing" whereas laminin "is composed of three polypeptides (A, B1, and B2)" (and if you remember, your lord had to carry the crossbar, but despite being the son of ghod couldn't manage it - there is no crossbar in laminin).

In fact, the diagram looks far more like a caduceous - proof then that the Romans had it right, and Hermes is the God we should be worshipping?

but if you want to know what laminin looks like - its in A, B and D

7590751f6.jpg
    Big Gay wrote: »
    LOL, Xtian fail. It's as funny as intelligent design. It's a diagram - I know the religious have a slightly shaky view on reality
    Well maybe it is just a coincidence that Laminin looks like a cross and maybe all religous people are deluded. I just keep an open mind.

The strange thing is though that some of the most zealous religous people started out being totally anti-religon. I can give the example of Mario Forte for one who one night set out to kill a paster at a church his girlfriend was going to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXwpHktYmQs

Or Nicky Cruz made famous by the book the Cross and the Switchblade who when first approached by a street preacher threatened him with a knife. Just months later he was preaching himself.
    Well maybe it is just a coincidence that Laminin looks like a cross and maybe all religous people are deluded. I just keep an open mind.

You? An open mind? POTW!!!! :lol: It looks more like a sword to me!

I suppose I should have an open mind about this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq7LXn4KSrM

Careful you don't leave it too open, you know what might happen...

If you have an open mind, perhaps it's just you eyes that are closed. Otherwise you would have seen this:
    Big Gay wrote: »
    but if you want to know what laminin looks like - its in A, B and D

7590751f6.jpg

Dunno about you, but I can't see any crosses...
    I see a stick man playing football in A.
    katralla wrote: »
    I see a stick man playing football in A.

:yes:

In the second it looks like he's got flippers on. The last one looks like the pair of them after an explosion...
    garfield2 wrote: »
    People who lack sufficient information on a given subject—or who do not think about it much—may arrive at a number of mistaken ideas, or may be deliberately led astray by others.
    For example, for those with little interest in how a television works and no idea of what components the mechanism consists, the television set is simply a means of watching films or news programs. Those people will be unable to appreciate the marvelous technology in the apparatus if they remain unaware of how the video and audio signals reach the television, and do not consider how the image appears on the screen. How satellite connections are established, how images originating from another country first head into space and then without encountering any obstruction reach the television in their home with full sound and color, what function its components serve, what materials are used to make it, and the logic behind the remote control device—none of that matters! They view a television as merely an electrical device for watching selected programs.
    What, you may wonder, is this analogy doing in the introduction to a book about proteins? To emphasize that lacking information on any particular subject may lead to serious errors or superficiality. When people fail to consider certain issues, they may remain unaware of the most vital matters. True, not understanding how a television set works or not giving the subject much thought may not represent too much of a loss. Yet not considering the question of how life on Earth began and survived—and blindly believing in unrealistic "answers" to that question—may cause people to make the most serious errors and suffer the most serious losses. Therefore, we urgently need to reflect on the origins of life.
    How did life begin? By describing various features of proteins—the basic building blocks of life—this book provides the only valid answer: that life began by being created by Allah, the Superior and Mighty Creator.
    Allah calls in the Qur'an to those who are unaware of this truth:
    Does not man recall that We created him before when he was not anything? (Surah Maryam: 67)
    Very interesting attempt but you need to familiarise yourself with a little quote in the Bible ...throwing pearls before swine ....
    Well maybe it is just a coincidence that Laminin looks like a cross
    Except, as I said, it doesn't. The diagram looks like a caduceous, the symbol of Hermes
    The strange thing is though that some of the most zealous religous people [...] I can Mario Forte [...] Nicky Cruz [...]

your point being that people not right in the head become preachers?
    [Poor old Garfield got shot!