Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

help =[

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
right, i stayed at my boyfriends at the weekend. we had sex twice, unprotected but im on the pill and trust him. now i got back from holiday on friday, and forgot to take my pill packet with me to his. which meant i didnt take saturdays and sundays untill sunday evening when we had sex on saturday and sunday. so i have no idea if i was protected or if taking them both on sunday ruled things out. i just have a really sicky, not well feeling in my stomach and im not sure if this is just becuase of worry or what. any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Hi emy1234,

Good idea to get advice, you don't want to be worried and anxious for the rest of the month. We have two articles on missing the combined pill and missing the progestogon only (mini) pill.

You are still protected after missing one combined pill (as long as you took the previous packet correctly, you take the rest correctly and you only miss one pill in a packet) but you are not protected if you miss one progestogon only pill.

If you are not sure, it might be worth giving Brook a call as they will be able to tell you for definite either way over the phone. If you were not protected then they should be able to help you find somewhere where you can get emergency contraception to be on the safe side.

Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    emy1234 wrote: »
    right, i stayed at my boyfriends at the weekend. we had sex twice, unprotected but im on the pill and trust him. now i got back from holiday on friday, and forgot to take my pill packet with me to his. which meant i didnt take saturdays and sundays untill sunday evening when we had sex on saturday and sunday. so i have no idea if i was protected or if taking them both on sunday ruled things out. i just have a really sicky, not well feeling in my stomach and im not sure if this is just becuase of worry or what. any ideas?

Taking two tablets at the same time (which it sounds as though you did in your post, correct me if I'm wrong) will give you a sicky stomach. It's essentially double the amount of hormones that are usually in your system, so it will almost certainly send you a bit woofy.
  • Options
    thanks everyone.
    well i did feel abit iffy before i took the pills, but you are right, its probs has something to do with it ha. I am pritty sure I will have been protected, and everything will be ok. its just that little thing in the back of my head. I will just keep taking my pill like usual and see what happens =]
  • Options
    Taking the morning after pill might ease your mind. You'd have to take it tomorrow though, as I think it only works for around 72 hours.