Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

First Move??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I work in a pretty big office, three floors and about 2000 people. Anyway there is this guy that i see around occasionally who is completely my type but i've never really had any reason to contact him to get to know him a bit better.

This past week something came up at work with meant he had to come and see me, now this was very brief but it at least he now knows i exist, problem is what do i do now?

I didn't have chance to chat about anything not work related and the work reason i did have is now completely finished ive no reason to contact him again, i don't see him around that often maybe just once a week in passing, sometimes not even that so its a bit difficult to approach him.

I do know that he is on facebook so thought about adding him on that but felt thats maybe a bit weird given how little i've spoken to him

I really want to strike while i can but don't really know what to do without looking a bit desperate!

any advice??

Comments

• Options
    i reckon you should probably just drop him a line saying you find him attractive or just strike up a convosation and see what his reaction is, if you don't do something along these lines then you'll never know and you'll kick urself for it
  • Options
    Maybe stage some sort of elaborate paper-dropping incident next to him and use that as a conversation starter?

Did he give you any hints when you spoke to him about things he likes, is interested in, or is bothered by? You could find an article about something he's mentioned on the net and email it to him to start some sort of correspondence.

Or just ask him out for a coffee; he'll be flattered and if he says no, you don't see him much anyway so it wouldn't be a big embarrassment.
  • Options
    thanks everyone,

I'm off work this week so won't see him at all, i'll see if i can find some excuse to email him when i'm back, he dosen't work on the same floor so i can't really just stroll past him, would have to have a reason to go to his office, anyway if i don't get any where i'll add him on facebook while he still knows my name and take it from there
  • Options
    Don't add him on Facebook and ask him out that way, if [example] you did that to me I just wouldn't pay any notice. So corny. Will be too soon before Facebook stops ruling people's social lives.
  • Options
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    Don't add him on Facebook and ask him out that way, if [example] you did that to me I just wouldn't pay any notice. So corny. Will be too soon before Facebook stops ruling people's social lives.

i wouldn't ask him out over facebook, just looking for some way to get a conversation started, given how little i see him and when i do hes very rarely in a position that i can just go and start chatting to him, figured it might at least give me an in with him, i would much rather just get chatting to him but in the past few months i haven't so far been able to do that i get the feeling he does like me i have seen him looking my way a few times , i'm thinking now maybe i should just bite the bullet and ask him out next time i see him