Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What sort of sentence, if any, can he expect?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi
So here's the story,,
A friend of mine went to her boyfriend of a few months house to split up with him. He's freaked out and dragged her by the hair down the stairs and thrown her the last part. He's then dragged her by her legs(1 of which is now broken) into the street. The police were called and he was arrested and as far as i know been charged with gbh. He's trying to say she fell.

My friends leg was smashed really badly and shes had plates and pins put in. She has to have a cage to hold the bone together fitted for a couple of months and will be on crutches for quite a few months after. Not to mention a scar practically the length of her lower leg.

What sort of punishment is likely to be given to this degenerate if he's found guilty?

thanks xx:)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It depends on which GBH he was charged with as one section 20 has a limit of five years and section 18 life.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It depends on whether he has been charged with a section 18 or a section 20. It does sound particularly serious and would more likley attract a section 18 (the more serious offence under the 1861 Act). I would suspect that trial will be in the Crown Court regardlessof whether it's a s.18 or s.20 charge. The maximums have been stated above for you but will only apply in extremis.