Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Family Arguement

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, so, my parents have gone off to cornwall for the week leaving me and my older sister home for the week. So, we've had a few small scrapes but tonight I was trying to explain why i took awhile to pay some money back and she said she didn't want to hear it and i just said i wanted to explain why but she then shouted at me and in return i told her to go fuck herself. I did that because i feel that i'm always the one that my family treats like shit and this time i just got so sick and tired of it i wanted to stand up for myself, i know that its not an excuse and i regret it.

I tried to apoligize and my sister pretty much ignored it everytime, and said that i just wanted to borrow money for tomorrow night, which is bollocks, i feel terrible about what i said and everytime i try to say that she just blows me off, i have no idea what i can do to make it up to her, and its just make me feel really down

Comments

• Options
    Hey C-B, i reckon you should just leave this for a few days, let your sister calm down and maybe slip a note under her door to apologise.

I assume fights like this and worse happen with siblings? so don't stress too much, i'm sure it will blow over because you are really sincere about wanting to make it up to her.

good luck xxxxx
  • Options
    Hey curly-boy,

Did you manage to work things out with your sister in the end? Everyone says things they don't mean from time to time in the heat of the moment, giving someone the space to cool off is a good suggestion and hopefully then they're able to accept your apology.

Hope it all worked out anyway and you got to enjoy the week without your parents! :)
  • Options
    It sounds like you get on a lot better with your sister than I did with my brother! We wouldn't have ever got to the stage of regret/reconciliation.

I'm sure she'll get over what you said, given time. You must be fairly close to be upset about saying it, so I don't think it will be a problem for too long. If you really want to suck up you could make her a meal or something?
  • Options
    Hello,
    I think it will blow over soon, all sisters and brothers are like that at one time if she does not let you say sorry you could always write a letter of appologie but she might ripe it up or not read it or e-mail her but I'm sure you will work something out soon
    Xx