Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Job interview advice and tips?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I received a phone call informing me that I have an interview at Phones4U on Thursday.

Has anyone worked for them before? What sort of questions do they ask? And what questions should I be asking?

Any other advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    this isn't specific for phones4you, but most retailers tend to ask pretty generic questions such as:

why do you want to work for this company?
    what do you know about this company?
    where would you like to be in 1/2/3 years time?
    what qualities would you bring to the role?
    why is this job right for you?
    when have you experienced good customer service?
    when have you provided good customer service?
    what makes good/bad customer service?

and so on. there might be scenario questions too. they will want you to demonstrate that you are suitable for the role, understand the importance of making money for them and know how to be nice to the people with the money. try to have lots of answers ready that you can adapt to specific questions.

good luck :thumb:
  • Options
    Thank you:)
  • Options
    Definitely research the company. They might ask you about a difficult situation you've had to deal with and what you did, your strenghts and weaknesses, times you've shown leadership skiss, how you'd deal with difficult customers etc.

You could ask things like how many people work there, who do you report to, are there opportunities for training, how/where do people normally progress etc.