Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Single mums on dating sites

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm on a few dating sites and I would like to know why I keep seeing young mums with no guy.

I feel like hugging them all because their partner has left them to support their child/children!!

It just makes me sick that they think they can get away with it by leaving them.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Maybe the single mother left her partner. And sometimes its better for a couple to be apart then try and stay togther for the child, which can cause more arguements in the household.

Anyway i think dating sites are a good place for single parents to meet people if they dont have time otherwise.
    Their partner could've died too.
    It just makes me sick that they think they can get away with it by leaving them.

Makes me sick that people automatically assume that the guys are in the wrong here.

They might also be helping out in any way the woman wants.
    MoK wrote: »
    Makes me sick that people automatically assume that the guys are in the wrong here.

That too.
    MoK wrote: »

Yeh, this.

I was much happier with both my parents being single and apart when I was younger than I would have been if they had been together.
    OP, life is not so black and white.

A woman can be a single mother for a number of reasons:

- An abusive partner
    - They are divorced and got custody of their son/daughter
    - Their husband/partner died

To say all single mothers are so since they got knocked up or are losers is false.

Personally I wouldn't date single mothers, since I don't connect well with kids. but it is often a situational thing that causes single motherhood.
    Ive found that many single moms in general are desperate for a partner and in more needing help taking caring of their children rather then actually finding a soulmate. However I believe blaming men for this is foolish cause from what Ive observed in my home town is where the oil and gas is many men go off working in camps for weeks and come back finding their wife cheating on them. Not saying that men dont cheat on woman just saying that both genders are part of the problem and something in society is not right with the divorce rate being so high