Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Funding for MSc course in Scotland

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
MSc course in advertising, due to start in September at a Scottish uni.

I may have already got the tuition fees waived, but I need support with living costs (I'm not prepared to borrow 8k from a career development loan as I'm not confident I can make the repayments). I know there are grants out there to help with living costs, but where can I find them? Any suggestions?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you tried looking on the SAAS website?

I'm starting in September too and receiving a bursary, that's where I found all the details about it.
    On what part of the SAAS website did you find details about your bursary?
    Well seeing as I am doing a nursing course, it was pretty easy for me to find, seeing as nurses have the highest bursaries because of the nature of their course.
    Also different uni's have different funding so it might be a good idea to also look at the website of your uni ect.
    There are also student loans ect...but obv these have to be paid back.

Basically if you follow the link on the site it should give you information.

What uni is it that you're going to?
    however, I warn you a lot of the deadlines for applying for funding has passed, so that will mean you maybe miss the first couple of payments...I still haven't heard about my bursary as I applied a couple of days before the deadline...so I'm worried, cos I really need it :S

It might be a good idea to make and account on SAAS, it might give you better directions to what you need