Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Baby

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im new :wave: its nice to meet you all. i have a question please can someone help,
can my mum make me have an abortion if im under 16? and can the social take my baby from me without me sayin yes?
thanks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi lily!
    I dont know much about abortions, but I would deffinatly give the NHS a call, or book an appointment with your doctor/GP or give the Family Planning a call. All of the above will offer advice on the legal implications that are around this, and also help you through whatever you may decide!
    Sorry i wasnt much help!
    there are lots of useful articles on unplanned pregnancies if you click on sex and relationships at the top of the page. hope u find something helpful. x
    I dont think they can do either of those things

Are you ok?
    No i dont think she can.
    Provided you can demonstrate you're able to take the decision to keep the baby with a full understanding of the implications, no your mum can't.

Provided you can demonstrate you can care for the baby, no the social services shouldn't be able to.
    LilyWhite wrote: »
    Im new :wave: its nice to meet you all. i have a question please can someone help,
    can my mum make me have an abortion if im under 16? and can the social take my baby from me without me sayin yes?
    thanks.
    hi nd welcome i dont think so check out the nhs website
    I suggest taking a look at the Life charity website. Life's motto is "Loving life, offering hope". They endeavour to support vulnerable women through unplanned pregnancy and offer a lot of useful help and advice.
    welcome and i'm pretty sure that your mother can't force you to have an abortion, but on the social services issue it may be possible that they take the baby away in certain cirumstances but with the amount of under-age pregnacys happening i find it highly doubtful
    No she can't make you have one. My mum tried and I just refused,. The doctors can't touch you.
    The social could take your baby away depending on your age and ability to look after the baby