Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

messed up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive managed to mess up ma life. whoop :impissed:

used up ma last life at court last time when i got community payback. only 3 weeks into it and i go and deck one of the muppets from community payback. all ma plans to try and turn ma life around gone in one moment of rage like. tried so hard to ignore him. hes been doin ma head in since a started 3 weeks ago. ive done about 48 hours outta ma 280 hours.

im so gonna get sent down this time. im such a tool :banghead: :banghead:

dunno who a was tryin to kid like. lads like me always end up inside.

Comments

• Options
    EVer thought of some anger management courses?
  • Options
    i tried 1 a few year ago like and came close to deckin the guy. no tried 1 since like
  • Options
    I know a lot of people dont like the idea of boxing, but that, or something similar to be a controlled environment to get your stress and anger out?
  • Options
    ive never thawt about boxin like. dunno how much good itd do me like. im shittin it about gettin sent down. no way can i dodge gettin sent down again ive had to many lucky dodges like.
  • Options
    I know it's too late, but why on Earth didn't you take our advice in the last topic? Stay away from the idiots, if someone starts winding you up either ignore them or request a different work detail?
  • Options
    i did try like. i was stayin away from him but he fallowed me like rly lookin for a fight like. i just snapped like and decked him one. only the police were watchin just my fucking luck like. so I got lifted and charged again.
  • Options
    So how long was he bothering you for? Surely time enough to tell someone and get your work changed.
  • Options
    hes been doin ma head in since i started. I didnt say anythin like cause when i started he only had a month left so thawt i could deal with it like. i didnt think like that hed come after me
  • Options
    Hey there,

It seems like you are in a difficult situation right now; whilst on community pay back you punched someone and are now facing further charges.

G's advice;
    EVer thought of some anger management courses?
    and
    I know a lot of people dont like the idea of boxing, but that, or something similar to be a controlled environment to get your stress and anger out?
    are both really good ideas for the long term to prevent this type of situation repeating itself. Maybe you could ask to be referred to some anger management courses. I know you say it didn't work in the past, but you may wish to try it again as you now know what to expect from it.

However, in the short term you will need to defend these charges. Have you sought legal advice? If not you might like to look at the Community Legal Advice website to find a legal adviser.

It might also be a good idea for you to explain to the community pay back officers what this person was doing to you for the past 3 weeks that led you to hit him.

You say that people like you will always end up in prison. However, this is not wholly true. People can get out of a criminal cycle with the willpower and the right people around you. theSite's article on Breaking free from crime has more information on this.

If you feel that you need to talk about this some more to someone independent who can offer you impartial support, you can call SupportLine on 01708 765200.

I hope that you are able to put these incidents behind you soon and move on to the rest of your life.
  • Options
    Thanx. i need to be thinkin about how am goin to survive inside like. ive no idea what its gonna be like. the mates ive got whove been inside say its piss easy like but a duuno theyre probs just biggin themselves up like. ive got a few weeks like before im in court like so that should give me time to rly get masel ready for gettin sent down cause its gonna happen this time. no way can i manage to avoid gettin sent down again. i have to have used up all ma luck by now.
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear (read) about this Aaron. I have a look for you and I found an article about a prison worker who have visited inside 20 prisons. Let's hope that it doesn't come to that though and please keep us posted.
  • Options
    Aaron10 wrote: »
    hes been doin ma head in since i started. I didnt say anythin like cause when i started he only had a month left so thawt i could deal with it like. i didnt think like that hed come after me

Well knowing that you temper has an ability to just snap, which is why you were in that position in the first place, next time step back from it and get on a changed detail, or move away from flammable situations.
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear (read) about this Aaron. I have a look for you and I found an article about a prison worker who have visited inside 20 prisons. Let's hope that it doesn't come to that though and please keep us posted.

thanx for that. im up in a few weeks so ive no rly got long to get ready. ma brief is more sure than ever that ill go down this time.

am up on 7 july
  • Options
    Hey Aaron,

Wish you all the best for 7th July.

I hope you are able to find some support before then to help you avoid re-offending, to establish what your goals are in life and then to support you to achieve them.

There are a number of charities and organisations that are aimed at young people; for a list visit this link.

In particular you may wish to contact the YMCA who have a programme now known as Offender Services Unit.
    Visit this link for a list of YMCA offices who have a Young Offender Institution.
    Alternatively you can call them on 020 8520 5599.

Depaul UK is a charity that helps young people who are disadvantaged, homeless or vulnerable. They have a Prison and resettlement programme to help young people adjust to life after prison and they can offer you guidance to prevent you from re offending. To access their services you need to be referred.

However, they have different schemes under this programme, but they each operate in different parts of the UK so it largely depends on where you are based. Have a look at their website though to get some ideas on what they can offer, and then you can call them explaining your situation. They will then explain the referral process.

The above programmes would be great for you as they are aimed at young people just like you and they are run by people who know what they are talking about. They offer support but essentially it comes down to you.

Furthermore, maybe now you will have some time to reflect on this situation overall. Was it really worth it to be in this situation now? How can you change to avoid this happening again? How you can you manage your anger better?

These are all questions that need answering to move on and avoid being in this situation again.

Hope this helps.

• Options
    Thanx. Im rly startin to shit masel now like
  • Options
    Hey Aaron,

Understandably you are worried; have you had a chance to contact anyone yet about help and support?

Have you contacted your lawyers about the upcoming hearing?
  • Options
    L1ttleOne wrote: »
    Hey Aaron,

Understandably you are worried; have you had a chance to contact anyone yet about help and support?

Have you contacted your lawyers about the upcoming hearing?

ma brief has said 4 to 6 months like. he cant see me not gettin sent down no this time.

ive spoken to some folk and its been ok i suppose. i rly do wanna change like and am hopin the judge sees that and sends me down for as little time as possible like. i rly wanna move on and cant with this hangin over me like.
  • Options
    I haven't been on here in a while but have been through the same mate and have been in prison. Are you under 21 - if you are it will be Young Offenders. If you want to ask me anything before court or about prison I will tell you what I can. Post on here or send me a message if you want. It's tough enough inside but you will get through it if it happens.

Good Luck
  • Options
    im up tomorow and just wanna say thanx to every one here who has tried to help me like
  • Options
    All the best. :)
  • Options
    Good luck. Whatever happens, let it be the making of you.