Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

slient stalkers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How do i handle this, they are taping my phone calls, it would be easy to change my number, go to the police. But no one is taking me seriously. So what do I do about it. I know that my sister is involved and my ex of over 15, yes 15 yrs.I just can not see a way forward in this.:banghead: It is haressment but i have no proof and how do i know this is happening? People have told me that there is something wrong with my phone i'm always buying new ones and some very private things have become public among people i speak with on the phone. Little by little my contact on the phone has stopped! I'm even afraid to use the phone now.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey candle - I've moved your thread in to relationships as it sounds like you're having some difficulties with your ex and your sister. Feeling as though you are being harassed and that someone is listening to your phone calls must be really scary for you :(

You did mention the police and in fact this would be the best place to go if you're really concerned. Have a look at our articles on phone harassment and dealing with stalkers for more information.

You didn't say if you had fallen out with your sister and your ex about something? It might help to talk to someone you can trust, a close friend or another family member to try and work out where this is coming from. The stress of all this can't be doing you much good, if you don't have anyone to talk to you can always make an appointment with your GP.

Take care :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    candle wrote: »
    It is haressment but i have no proof and how do i know this is happening?

How do you know your phone calls are being being taped when you don't have any proof? Is this on your land line or on your mobile phone? Either way, unless they have some insider working for them (highly illegal) or you have failed to notice a strange box attached to your phone (placed there by them), it would be virtually impossible for them to tape you. Would you explain your reasons for thinking why your calls are taped? The calls that you think are being taped, do these occur when you are at home - or are conversations being taped when you are out and about in the city centre, for instance?