Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Anyone who knows anything about guitars??????

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi its my boyfriends birthday comming up and I want to get him what he wants! A Gutiar effects .. pedel i think it is !! I havent a clue what I am looking for! Want something around £20! so a gutiar dvd to help him learn the basics, he knows a bit but wants to know more! Any Advice .. help would be great!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Effects pedals are... a lot more than £20. You'll be better off getting him something like http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/guitar-case-chord-book-i/69843 this. A chord book, with all the chords, that fits in your guitar case. It's all you ever need to learn guitar :p And maybe some plectrums, or other guitar accessories... like a strap etc.
    Xx
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Decent effects pedals (stomp boxes, as opposed to rack mounted ones) will set you back a minimum of £40 and that's second-hand from eBay or similar. Best to actually learn how to play before starting to mess around with effects and stuff. DVD is a good idea. Search amazon for them.