Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

GCSE certificates....lost

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
ok heres my problem, i've lost my GCSE certificates and i need them for applications and stuff. how can i get them replaced and how long will it take? :s

btw if it helps at all i did my exams with AQA and EDEXCEL
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i know u can get another set done, but u will probably have to pay for them, not sure on the price. maybe contact ur school or college and they could either contact tham or give u a number to ring.failing that go online and find the website for the company, ie. edexcel,aqua etc and maybe they will have info on how to do it. not sure how long it will take.
    i lost mine too. I had to get in touch with the exam board and get new ones. I think they were about £15 each.
    i lost mine too. I had to get in touch with the exam board and get new ones. I think they were about £15 each.
    £15 per subject or for each certificate? cos i only need two certificates but i have like 9 subjects :s and £15 x 9 would be scareh :(
    Amira wrote:
    £15 per subject or for each certificate? cos i only need two certificates but i have like 9 subjects :s and £15 x 9 would be scareh :(

Surely it'd only be two certificates because you did your exams over two exam boards? That's the way I have my GCSE certificates, 9 subjects on one page for CCEA and one subject on another page for AQA.
    I never went to collect my GCSE or A level certificates when I was at school, and they throw them away after a while. I've never needed them for applications or anything though so I'm surprised you do.
    I'd imagine it is possible to get some from the exam board though.
    im going to keep looking till they actually ask me for them, i have copies and my statements of results anyways so i should hopefully be ok
    Amira wrote:
    It depends on the exam board. Some charge per subject, others will put all the exams on one certificate.
    I had to have my certificates when I applied for college. They wouldnt just take my word for it. I know its expensive to get new ones, but I just saw it as stupidity tax for me losing my originals.
    quick update....i found them :D
    w00t.
    Use this link
    http://www.edexcel.org.uk/VirtualContent/83064/Application_form_for_Replacement_Certificate__Academic_awards_.pdf
    and you fill out a form and send it to edexcel. All the details are on the form.(including payment details)
    By the way you need to have adobe acrobat reader i think its called to view the form.
    Im doing the same thing. I need them to get into a college.
    i thought collages checked your results on the exam boards database and thats how you got accepted or not...
    hi there
    i know im replying way too late but i've lost my IGCSE results that i gave in 2009 may/june and oct/nov as 1 of u said that i may contact the boards and pay a fine of £15 but can u give me the link of that
    im studying in UAE in alain so if any1 can help i would gratefull to him
    I can't remember if I ever actually showed mine to anyone