Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Academic crushes

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    there are a few that im drawn to mostly because of their way with words (and they are mega handsome). giles coren (newly married! PAH) mostly during that programme he did with sue perkins but more so after reading a letter he wrote to his editor http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/jul/23/mediamonkey, charlie brooker (newly engaged, PAH). i had a lesbo crush on bonnie greer for a while after question time.

erm, i have a crush on the literary character henry detamble if that counts.
    funny funny funny.
    katralla wrote: »
    Do you ever develop a crush on someone you're reading?

Nevermind.
    well, you could notice that my name isn't capitalised, that would be nice ;) And, maybe you need to read more?
    katralla wrote: »
    well, you could notice that my name isn't capitalised, that would be nice ;) And, maybe you need to read more?

Okay, noted, and I do read. I was just being daft, I apologise.
    Well, what are you reading - do they make little zings happen in your head, a bit like watching stand-up comendy, which in turn sends zingles to your loins?
    I have a literary crush on Stephen King, and a fangirly academic type crush on David Attenborough.
    Probally not academic, but (i've forgot his name) the guy from the book, the time travelers wife....i want a time traveling boyfriend :grump: but i will never read the book again, it ones of the books where you become so attached to the characters that you mourn the characters when something bad happens ect ect....but its tottally worth a read, just you'll probally wont ever want to read it again :p
    Probally not academic, but (i've forgot his name) the guy from the book, the time travelers wife....i want a time traveling boyfriend :grump: but i will never read the book again, it ones of the books where you become so attached to the characters that you mourn the characters when something bad happens ect ect....but its tottally worth a read, just you'll probally wont ever want to read it again :p

henry :heart: :hyper: i remember finding a guy on myspace who looked exactly how i imagined henry to look.. might have stalked him for a bit...
    henry :heart: :hyper: i remember finding a guy on myspace who looked exactly how i imagined henry to look.. might have stalked him for a bit...

i have a crush on the character 'paul carpenter' from Tom Holt's series (Portable Door, Earth, air, fire & custard and in your dreams) cuz he is geeky and slightly pathetic, just how i like my men. yum. :chin: