Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

a long whinge

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm sorry everyone I just have to 'talk' somehow.

I'm stuck in bed at the moment because I don't have the energy to get up. So far today I've counted out my medication and read through a note I wrote in case anything happens. There's no one here and I'm scared.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *hug*
    why not phone the crisis team hun?
    katralla wrote: »
    why not phone the crisis team hun?
    They discharged me a month ago. I tried to talk this through with someone yesterday but that just ended in another referral being rejected and I've just got nothing from the NHS right now,
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey Piccolo,
    Really glad you've posted. Have you tried Samaritans at all?

It's really lovely weather at the moment, and I really understand that when energy levels are low and things just don't seem to have much meaning, the thought of going outside can seem really unappealing, yet a short burst of sunshine might help a little. Are you in London at the moment?
    Yes I tried to go onto my balcony but there were other people out there so I came back in.

My sister is in London and is going to come over at 5 so I need to get my act together.

I'll probably be all right tomorrow as well because I somehow have to run church on my own and that will give me something else to worry about as long as I can hold everything else back.
    **helen** wrote: »
    yet a short burst of sunshine might help a little.

:yes: i've been sitting outide a bit for the last few days while it's been sunny and it's helped me to feel a bit less overwhelmed.

i understand about the nhs being crap. i hope you get the help you need soon, please hold on until then :heart:
    omg hi wrote: »
    i understand about the nhs being crap. i hope you get the help you need soon, please hold on until then :heart:
    Other than being on a 9 month waiting list, I suppose I will.

I wasn't entirely honest with my GP. Didn't tell her about the overdoses I've been taking and stuff. She didn't ask if I'd been feeling suicidal and it's not the easiest thing to volunteer. But I think that might be in the way of being taken seriously.
    Go back to your GP, tell them about the overdoses and feeling suicidal. Write it down, hand them the note - you know you need to. Please do it, hopefully it will mean you get help faster.

HUGS
    Went to my GP on Tuesday and ended up spending a day in A&E but nothing has really come of it. Have an existing appointment with the CMHT today so I'll let you know what happens.
    Good luck

x
    katralla wrote: »
    Good luck

x
    That was pointless. I went over eveything in detail (so much detail it was really painful) because I thought that if I was honest it might help. Sadly, however, she couldn't offer me any support, I didn't even get a follow-up appointment.
    Hi there...

In the winter I got really low and was recommended Harmless to me... Though if you have a different issue, then maybe somebody else will read this post and use it.

I was also offered one for anxiety which I think was No Panic.

Have you ever tried mindfulness of breathing meditation?

I use mindfulness when I am stressed in work and it helps ground me.
    piccolo wrote: »
    That was pointless. I went over eveything in detail (so much detail it was really painful) because I thought that if I was honest it might help. Sadly, however, she couldn't offer me any support, I didn't even get a follow-up appointment.

oh fucks sake that's pathetic. i'd say i'm surprised but i'd be lying, they can be so rubbish. i was discharged last year after 5 years because they decided that actually there was nothing wrong with me and never had been.

i'm so sorry they made you go through that and nothing came of it :(

hugs xxx
    She even at one point used the phrase "so you're not ill enough to be admitted to the women's crisis centre...".

How many A&E admissions qualify you as 'ill enough'? I have to wonder...

(I don't actually wonder. I'm not going to keep trying or anything. It's just really annoying, I feel like shit.)