Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How do I tell my girlfriend that her breath stinks?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How can I tell her without her getting really, really mad at me?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    eric olsen wrote: »
    How can I tell her without her getting really, really mad at me?

fart in her face in the 69 position and when she complains jump up, point at her and shout, "NOW YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL!"
    wow, that's a tough one.
    I would say something like "Hey hon, I really think you should know something, and I hope it doesn't offend you..."
    Offer her chewing gum, or a mint.
    Xx
    Stop her rimming you?

But seriously, if you can't talk to her about this, then your continued relationship will be awkward and you'll hit other major communication blocks along the way. Say to her that if the roles were reversed, you'd want to know if your breath was bad too. You have to be honest.
    wow, that's a tough one.
    I would say something like "Hey hon, I really think you should know something, and I hope it doesn't offend you..."

I think that's the best approach. I once told my best friend directly ("your breath stinks"). He then punched me a few (not very hard though) and he then refused to remain friends. Best friend to no friend just because of 3 words.
    Monserrat wrote: »
    I think that's the best approach. I once told my best friend directly ("your breath stinks"). He then punched me a few (not very hard though) and he then refused to remain friends. Best friend to no friend just because of 3 words.

"your breath stinks" was hardly a sensitive delivery, dude. :lol:
    Maybe find a bit softer words, not as brash as in your thread title.

Maybe try it like this, "babe, you know I'd want you to tell me, when my breath stinks." - "of course." - "Ok, because your breath stinks. I really do not want to know what crawled inside there and died, but maybe I can offer you a peppermint?"

I am sure you can find better words for it.
    Hey

My FWB will sometimes say 'your stinky' and I laugh and go sort it out. Some times I say to him 'did you bursh your teeth today?' and he will be like 'no' and I laugh and say 'didnt think so. Go sort it out'

Its all good ^^
    I think just tell her that your just telling the truth and she won't get mad at you.
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Maybe try it like this, "babe, you know I'd want you to tell me, when my breath stinks." - "of course." - "Ok, because your breath stinks. I really do not want to know what crawled inside there and died, but maybe I can offer you a peppermint?"

POTW :lol:
    patience wrote: »
    My FWB will sometimes say 'your stinky' and I laugh and go sort it out. Some times I say to him 'did you bursh your teeth today?' and he will be like 'no' and I laugh and say 'didnt think so. Go sort it out'

:yes:
    fart in her face in the 69 position and when she complains jump up, point at her and shout, "NOW YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL!"
    :d
    Teagan wrote: »
    "your breath stinks" was hardly a sensitive delivery, dude. :lol:

We were 13/14 :-)

I am with StrubbS on this one. :thumb:
    You may tell her jokingly.. or just say the truth.

or

Offer her to make an appointment with her dentist. :d

Hon, don't you think we(you) should see the dentist?
    Make it subtle. "I got this breath spray at the shop. It tastes really good." All fine and dandy.