Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ginger wavey and hateing it.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello all,
I'm ginger and I'm pretty much dislikeing it. My friends always go on about the colour of ones hair and saying how much they hate ginger. I know thats there views of ginger people, but still I have to act like nothings the matter.

Many times have I thought about dieing my hair a darker colour, but my mother and father wont allow me to.

What can I do ???

Bye
Take care
Lots of love
Lizzie

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How old are you? I'm sure there's plenty of people during school who have hated their ginger hair, but there's many who after leaving school have grown to love it. Many people pick on people with ginger hair for some reason but you really need to start feeling comfortable with it.
    move to another country. The only people who think winding up people with ginger hair is hilarious seem to be brits. Maybe because they have too many of them.

I know this is no viable solution to your problem, it was just a rant.
    haayooo

is there any need to know my age i am under the age of 16 alot younger and i lnow another 8 people on here with the same age who attend my school

and i could move to another country but i have so many friends in the uk who love me and everything

i think i might dye my hair black what do you think people :chin:
    Black might look too harsh against your skin, maybe try a semi permanent warm brown if you do want to dye it. I asked your age because a lot of people after they've left school seem to learn to ignore stupid comments and like their colour.
    I agree, no black. The best option is just to learn to love your hair. I spent my whole teen years and then some dying my hair to be ginger but it would never last very long :(

But if you are intent on it, perhaps try adding a hint of brown or light auburn (though I guess that could still be considered gingery?) And go for a semi or demi perm in case it looks like crap :p
    I think Gingers are lovely.
    I'd love to be ginger! I'm golden-y blonde, and it's just so boring and normal! If you really want to dye your hair, I'd suggest going darker, a couple of shades at a time to about this colour. I think she's got beautiful hair too :)
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Black might look too harsh against your skin, maybe try a semi permanent warm brown if you do want to dye it. I asked your age because a lot of people after they've left school seem to learn to ignore stupid comments and like their colour.

:yes:

I agree with Lea. If you really want to change the colour of your hair don't go black. Maybe go a light brown, but not too dark.

I know it isn't easy, but do try and ignore peoples comments about ginger hair.
    Hmm Thanks for the comments.

Hello.
    Ginger some people love and some people hate.

But if I dye my hair black and you do not know what my skin colour is. And I will go in to emo style might get it brown straight and purple lines in it but then I could get exspelled.
    What about blonde.
    Hello.

What about blonde.

Ginger people tend to have very pale skin, which, teamed with dyed black hair, isn't always the best look.

I think strawberry blonde can often be very pretty, what about something like this?
    Blonde would definately be better than going black. Ive yet to meet a ginger person who dyed their hair black and didn't look washed out and rubbish
    I'm ginger and reguarly dye mine a darker shade of red, which looks nice and shiney, and still red so it doesn't make my skin look weird. I'd never have it any other colour except red, why dye it a boring colour? I hated it when I was younger but as you get older you'll get to love it and realise there are more important things to worry about. I love my natural colour bit it's still nice to have a change once in a while. I never use permanent dye either because then you get ginger roots.
    If you dye it black when your roots grow through it will look really bad.
    ooooh i rem that hair colour advert where the girl is going to a school reunion and she has ginger hair and dyes it red and it looks amazing! I think a lovely shiney red would be great!
    wat if i get a tan
    wat if i get a tan

Then you get a suntan :)
    G wrote: »
    Then you get a suntan :)
    wats a suntan
    wats a suntan

You know
    wat if i get a tan
    I agree with skakitty, be bold and go red

I am fair skinned with mousey hair and i really want to go red i think it will always look good if you have fair skin.

I am going to try auburn first then move onto red as i am not that brave

But you shouldnt change it just because others don't like it.
    wats a suntan

take a minute to think about this :p

dont go black, black hair + ginger roots = will most likely end up in more pointing and making fun of. A darker red, that will be nice! But i say learn to love your hair as it is, you'll reget dying it a black when your older, and never be able to get your natual hair colour agai.
    take a minute to think about this :p

dont go black, black hair + ginger roots = will most likely end up in more pointing and making fun of. A darker red, that will be nice! But i say learn to love your hair as it is, you'll reget dying it a black when your older, and never be able to get your natual hair colour agai.

Ill were a head scarf then no 1 cn mke fun of me
    Ill were a head scarf then no 1 cn mke fun of me

:| okay. I was trying to help....
    :| okay. I was trying to help....

sorry :(
    Put blonde highlights in :)
    Luce wrote: »
    Put blonde highlights in :)
    i have today wooo
    weldone
    I have ginger hair, and I used to hate it. like to the max, and I used to get the piss taken out of me. But now, its something people envey, and dye there hair to try and get the same colour. Its strange, but it is usual only in primary, first years of secondary the immaturity about the colour of peoples hair is around. So if you stick it out and brave it things will change, and you will learn to love your hair.
    I used to have long hair when I was younger, but now I have a short pixxi cut which I love to the max and so do others. So maybe instead of dyeing your hair, try a different style and cut? it can make all the difference =]
    I have to agree loades of peopel to end up loveing there hair if it ginger
    I'd pretty much give anything to have ginger or red hair. I love gingers, my best friend is ginger and shes very kind. I would love red and wavy hair more though. But it'd look horrid. Just saying XD
    There person who pasted this is closed x
    So don't think she need advice no more x