Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ranty threads

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
Hello all :wave:

I just wanted to have a bit of a natter about the ranty threads that have been popular recently. These seem to be really positive threads where people are having a good chance to vent about all sorts of problems big or small – and of course support each other.

As with any threads that take on a life of their own, it’s important to make sure that people are still aware and confident about the benefits of getting support in sections beyond anything goes.

For instance, if you make a thread in the health and lifestyle sections then your rant (whether it’s big or small) will have more prominence giving you a chance to receive more varied responses. It also gives you a chance to get ongoing individual support without feeling like your problems are being compared to others.’ On the flipside, I’m aware that some people may actually be feeling more comfortable posting in a thread that allows their problems to be less visible to the masses.

So, what I’m really saying is to just remember that whenever you post anything in the ranty thread, it doesn’t mean you can’t then go post about it again, or in more detail in one of the other sections.

As you were, Helen :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Cheers Helen :) I like having a moan/rant about things that i don't feel are 'big' enough for me to post a whole topic about, and i use it as an 'update' to see how people's day/weeks have been, but i like posting/reading all the other posts in the other sections :) xx
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The ranty thread is the site's loo, we all periodically go and dump there :razz: