Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is this good-bye to my self-harm? I hope so.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Its been a while since I even picked up something sharp. I discovered that coloring books work to distract me from my urges. Yes, I might appear to old for them, but I'm a little girl at heart. :heart: I still think about cutting, but I find myself moving away from it. If anyone is like me, sunshine and some exercise can help keep you moving and feeling good. I've been writing and doing different things until I found what fits. It helps keep my mind busy and away from the pain.

Now, I am looking for something to help reduce visibility of my scars. I want to stay away from cutting, and I don't think it is a good idea to look at old mistakes. Does anyone know anythink I can apply to fix myself up?

Comments

• Options
    Hi missingthecure,

It's really good to read your positive post, it helps to share things that have worked to help keep you distracted and occupied, as they may also help others. As was said to you last week, you just need to find out what works for you, and it seems that you have taken that advice on board. You also seem much more positive than last week too - this is a big step forward, well done.

You asked for advice about what may be able to help your scars. This link may help, why not check it out? From previous posts and threads on this topic, other users have suggested bio-oil or palmers coco butter used daily and massaged into the skin can help.

Hope this helps - good luck and keep posing, :)
  • Options
    Harry23 wrote: »
    Hi missingthecure,

It's really good to read your positive post, it helps to share things that have worked to help keep you distracted and occupied, as they may also help others. As was said to you last week, you just need to find out what works for you, and it seems that you have taken that advice on board. You also seem much more positive than last week too - this is a big step forward, well done.

You asked for advice about what may be able to help your scars. This link may help, why not check it out? From previous posts and threads on this topic, other users have suggested bio-oil or palmers coco butter used daily and massaged into the skin can help.

Hope this helps - good luck and keep posing, :)

Thank you so much for your help. I've been surfing through the site and I found some useful stuff. Thank you for the support, I really needed it. I hope to continue these new habits to stay away from self harm. I will try to keep finding more activities to keep myself busy, I am still open for any suggestions.

I guess my next step is to learn how to handle stress. Things have been pretty smooth lately, and it helped me heal a little; however, if I hit a bump I would like to know how to handle it.

Thanks for the support. It really is helpful knowing someone wants to help.