Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

being alone...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i had been with a guy a few months ago for 9 months and he dumped me.
we got really close and got to the point where we tell each other anything and i felt like he was probably the only person who knew that much about me. and lately after not talking for some 5 months we've started talking again, and therefore i can feel that i'm having the need to get his attention again. since then he's hooked up with a few people and i feel more alone than ever. any advice on getting past that?

Comments

• Options
    Best option is to forget him I suppose, which happens best not to talk to him in any way, and deleting him on facebook in case you have him there. So you don't see, smell, taste, talk, notice him.
  • Options
    thanks but i think the problem is that i miss having someone, but i don't miss him.
  • Options
    blueeye wrote: »
    thanks but i think the problem is that i miss having someone, but i don't miss him.

well, than throw yourself out there. Spending time with him won't help you there. It probably just reminds you more that you are alone and want someone.
  • Options
    Hey blueeye :wave:

Feeling lonely isn't much fun, especially after a break up, it's a big shift to get used to more of your own company again and seeing your ex hooking up with other people is probablay making you crave that bond with someone again even more.

Do you have a close friend or someone you can talk to about how you're feeling? Making time for other friends, taking up offers from people and exploring new interests too can all lead you to feel more positive about the situation you find yourself in. It's hard to lose someone you feel so at ease with, like you could tell them anything. There will be others though and maybe there's even people in your life now that you could open up to?

Take care of yourself and keep posting :)
  • Options
    oh.... he's got a new girlfriend.
    i've honestly felt miserable since i've found out.
    i talked to my close friend and she told me to tell him how i felt about it.
    i took her advice and he's pretty much just ignored it.
    i also told him i still have feelings for him, he told me to get over it.
    honest to god i have no idea why i still care about him.
    and now he's annoyed at me.
  • Options
    awwww *HUGS* i had the same thing w/my ex, he got angry with me when i was contacting him, because he felt guilty for cheating on me, but in the en d i just thought ' he isnt worth the grief i'm getting every time i contact him' so i stopped, and felt so much better after that!
  • Options
    i talked to him and he said he knows and he hates that it's hurting me so much but there's nothing he can do so there's no point talking to him about it.
    it's just frustrating that most of my friends are out of town for summer and won't be here for the next few weeks.
    i feel like this is actually getting in the way of me doing normal things in the day, and obviously it affects my self harm.
    i don't know what i should do really...