Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Strap marks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I spent a few hours sitting in the garden just reading today , i was wearing a sundress and did'nt realise how i was catching the sun until i went in and showered before changing , now i have white strap marks :)
I could really do with getting rid of them by monday as i am going to a beach bbq with college mates , but if i spend a bit more time in the sun will they even out or will they still be obvious.
Any ideas welcome or do i just need to keep covered up on monday

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Whats wrong with having strap marks? Nobodys gonna care
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Whats wrong with having strap marks? Nobodys gonna care
    I don't think her friends know her trans status.
    Franki wrote: »
    I don't think her friends know her trans status.

Oh i see, sorry i forgot about that.

Hmmm you could try sitting out in the sun more to gt rid of them but may just have to cover up
    Louisek wrote: »
    I spent a few hours sitting in the garden just reading today , i was wearing a sundress and did'nt realise how i was catching the sun until i went in and showered before changing , now i have white strap marks :)
    I could really do with getting rid of them by monday as i am going to a beach bbq with college mates , but if i spend a bit more time in the sun will they even out or will they still be obvious.
    Any ideas welcome or do i just need to keep covered up on monday

Um .... I'm not sure what these particular strap marks look like but could you say you were wearing a cooking apron over your bare top half while BBQ'ing in the hot sun at the weekend? :)
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Oh i see, sorry i forgot about that.

Hmmm you could try sitting out in the sun more to gt rid of them but may just have to cover up

Sorry i should have explained i know , to be honest i may just skip the bbq anyway , its really annoying as i only have a few days left until my new life can begin i really don't think i can be bothered with it all anymore.
    I think i will try to catch a little more sun but if they still show i guess there is not much i can do about it.
    I just wondered if the area woould tan evenly so quickly.
    Between you and me i am a litle bit pleased with them :yes:
    Teagan wrote: »
    Um .... I'm not sure what these particular strap marks look like but could you say you were wearing a cooking apron over your bare top half while BBQ'ing in the hot sun at the weekend? :)

Ha nice idea thanks but i dont think i would get away with that
    I think Rimmel (I can't remember who, but it exists) do a wash-off self tan. You could put it on just for the day and then you get to keep your strap marks :d
    Louisek wrote: »
    Between you and me i am a litle bit pleased with them :yes:

hehe i am usually deathly pale so i get a bit excited if i get tan lines :)

your tan will probably 'settle' a bit and look less bright by monday but you could try sitting back in the sun for a while with your straps down and see if it evens out a bit.

sorry if it's a silly thing to say, but do you have any clothes that would cover them?
    omg hi wrote: »
    hehe i am usually deathly pale so i get a bit excited if i get tan lines :)

your tan will probably 'settle' a bit and look less bright by monday but you could try sitting back in the sun for a while with your straps down and see if it evens out a bit.

sorry if it's a silly thing to say, but do you have any clothes that would cover them?

It's just to hot to sit out in the sun today i will end up burnt , i think i will just have to wear a vest or something if i go.
    Good luck and i'm sure you'll look good whatever you wear :) do you friends at the BBQ know you are going as Louise? if so, the bra straps won't be an issue, if not- they could be a subtle introduction for them?
    I'd just wear a vest top or something if you're self-conscious. It's only for a couple more days but you shouldn't miss out on spending this time with the people who've been important in your life.
    Can't you just wear a teeshirt?
    I decided not to go , sorry to waste your time guys :blush: