Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Gap year

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hello everyone:)
I've decided to write here,because I've got a big problem.I've just graduaded from school and I'm seriously thinking about taking a gap year.The problem is taht my parents aren't pleased with it.My dad thinks I am crazy.I don't know how to persuade them.
I don't really want to go into university in Poland.I just can't imagine that.I'd like to improve my English better at a lang. school in UK and then apply into university.I know that it's not easy,but I'm not the one.Many people did it too and succed,so why am i to do it??
Recently I've felt bad,becase it overwhelmed me.I'd like to do wriggle out of this,but I think hopeless,because nobody doesn't want to help me.I can't talk to anyone.
So I'm begging,please tell me sth that u think about this.Maybe you know someone who does it too.Is it really difficult as it seems to be??
Do you encourage any school in UK.Please give me some advice
Regards
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It depends what your looking to study for :)!
    Also, with most unis now, you have to take an english test to say you are fluent in the language before you can even get a place.
    Also, i would be aware, uni tuition fees are normally 3 times more for international students than for students with english citizenship! Some can be around £11,000 grand a year for international students.