Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

A girly question.....

Starry nightStarry night Posts: 674 Incredible Poster
Hi,
I suffer from really bad period pain and bleeding. Does anyone know anything that could really help? I take 400mg ibuprofen but it does nothing, it doesn't have to be medicine ideas, but just well, anything that can even take the edge off it. It is worse though becuase it is distracting me and making it impossible to do my revision......:crying: :( :crying:
Any Advice??????
Thanks XXX

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Relax in a nice hot bubble bath, make yourself a cup of tea or hot chocolate, and get in your jimmy jams with a hot water bottle :D
  • Options
    This may be the very last thing you want to think about at the moment, but an orgasm is a sure fire way to get rid of period cramps. I kid you not.
  • Options
    This may be the very last thing you want to think about at the moment, but an orgasm is a sure fire way to get rid of period cramps. I kid you not.

Very true, it works
  • Options
    I take 400mg ibuprofen but it does nothing

*hug* i really feel for you. buy yourself a nice hot water bottle!

Have you tried taking Paracetamol or codeine? I don't know the guidelines or anything to taking these though.
  • Options
    Feminax...

going for a short walk helps me..

oh and of course some chocolate!
  • Options
    Starry nightStarry night Posts: 674 Incredible Poster
    *hug* i really feel for you. buy yourself a nice hot water bottle!

Have you tried taking Paracetamol or codeine? I don't know the guidelines or anything to taking these though.

Thanks, but I invested in a good water bottle, it is huge lol. I take paracetemol also....still does nothing.....said nothing about it before becuase it is not an anti-inflammatory.....I am fifteen by the way, do you know if i would be allowed codeine? I have been to the doctors about my periods and they never mentioned it......
  • Options

Thanks, but I invested in a good water bottle, it is huge lol. I take paracetemol also....still does nothing.....said nothing about it before becuase it is not an anti-inflammatory.....I am fifteen by the way, do you know if i would be allowed codeine? I have been to the doctors about my periods and they never mentioned it......
    You can buy paracetamol and codeine from boots or any pharmacy under the name of "co-codamol". I have been taking it since about your age and it works for me and I consider myself to have painful periods. Codeine boosts the paracetamol so makes it stronger.

You are allowed to take paracetamol and iburprofen together as they don't interact. So if you were having a particularly painful period, take 2 x paracetamol and then two hours later you could take 2 x ibuprofen - this is perfectly safe.

Hot water bottles also help x
  • Options
    ho

sorry to hear youre in so much pain (ive been there)

as strange as it sounds, and i was sceptical about this too, but excercise is actually really good - wont get rid of it altogether but it makes feel a lot less for me anyway - excercise like dance or aerobics between periods can help make them lighter and less painful i find

hope that is helpful to you
  • Options
    I'd advice you to eat an avocado and drink a lot of mineral water,a few days before a period.
    When I have a pain I usually massage an area above your ankle or my stomach.(I guess my answer may sound so stupid,but I don't know English well to explain that )It really helps me.:)
  • Options
    Hey

One of my friends used to get SUCH bad period pains. She would throw up from the pain pretty much every month. Now shes on mefenamic acid three times a day, and it really helps. So I would definitely encourage you to go and see your doctor... there is stuff they can try!