Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help please :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have finally realised I have massive mood swings...I can go from being Happy, actually feeling good with myself to crying my eyes out hating myself and everyone else. This can happen pretty much instantly.

The time when I'm feeling down is horrible I feel like I want to hurt myself (I don't and never have), I'm nasty to people close to me and it's like a get pleasure from it which is just horrible! And I would never normally be like this apart from when I am in this 'down' mood.

I'm not sure what to do and I'm scared I'm going to drive people close to me away :crying:

Comments

• Options
    hugs my lovely.

have you told anyone else about this? do you know what triggers the extremes, or the swings between them?

could you talk to those around you and explain that you are not feeling well and that you are not behaving like this to upset them?
  • Options
    *hug* are you on the pill? the pill made me feel like that. i'd never go back on it again.
  • Options
    I've tried to explain but I guess people find it hard to understand :no:

I'm not on the pill but I do have an implant in...and I think this is definatly playing a part in it! I stopped taking the pill at christmas and did feel a bit better with less mood swings but this implant has made me feel awful! I'm getting it out on Tuesday so we'll see how I go. I just needed a bit of a rant and I know the lovely people on here would be helpful :)
  • Options
    maybe worth talking to the doctor/nurse on tuesday about it?
  • Options
    *HUGS* let us know what happens, if the mood swings get better/worse, maybe you could explain to your closest people (friends/relatives) that you are having issues with your moods at the moment and to bear with you?
  • Options
    Thanks everyone :)

I'll have a chat to the Dr about and see how it goes, I've only been having these mood swings for the past year or two and feeling really, really down. A lot of it is to do with my weight/body issues but that's not going to get better any time soon. And it's like I get annoyed and upset at stupid, stupid little things. I'm not sure what triggers it most of the time...it can literally be I am fine one minute then the next I am this horrible person!