Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Savage cuts for all! Well, not quite...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think that was Einstein ...he didn't look very Chinese.
    I have heard there to be some dispute about the origins of that phrase, so it could well be Einstein.

Any news on the odds yet?

Oh, and in response to Thunderstruck:
    719804383_d3ffc1446f.jpg
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    I have heard there to be some dispute about the origins of that phrase, so it could well be Einstein.

Any news on the odds yet?

Oh, and in response to Thunderstruck:
    719804383_d3ffc1446f.jpg

Not managed to get to the bookies yet ...will do later.
  • Options
    Here's one for your signature Stargalaxy:

Can you ever get through a thread without feeling the need to post a pointless and distracting picture in it?
  • Options
    Following the Budget, William Hill offer 10/1 that the Tory/Lib-Dem coalition will break down, leading to a General Election this year.

http://www.betortrade.com/politcal-betting-tory-lib-dem-coalition-101-to-collapse-this-year/
  • Options
    Not managed to get to the bookies yet ...will do later.
    I've just typed in "odds on coalition collapsing" into Google and your comment is currently 7th in the list.

Is that a vuvuzela I can hear? No, it's only Jamelia...
    jamelia wrote: »
    Here's one for your signature Stargalaxy:

Can you ever get through a thread without feeling the need to post a pointless and distracting picture in it?
    Rejected, for two reasons. The first is length. There's a 500 character limit in the signatures, so it may need to be snipped. The second is I've already got about 20 quotes from you that I can use in it. I'm gonna have to do a Jamelia's Titterings Special at this rate.
  • Options
    Following the Budget, William Hill offer 10/1 that the Tory/Lib-Dem coalition will break down, leading to a General Election this year.

http://www.betortrade.com/politcal-betting-tory-lib-dem-coalition-101-to-collapse-this-year/
    Not too bad as odds, I suppose. I just might lay a bet on it myself.
  • Options
    I've just typed in "odds on coalition collapsing" into Google and your comment is currently 7th in the list.

Is that a vuvuzela I can hear? No, it's only Jamelia... Rejected, for two reasons. The first is length. There's a 500 character limit in the signatures, so it may need to be snipped. The second is I've already got about 20 quotes from you that I can use in it. I'm gonna have to do a Jamelia's Titterings Special at this rate.

Ha, do you have some tragic little Word document that you paste every response you get into? Fair enough. Whatever makes you feel special and important.

But the bumblebees and the pictures of Noel Edmonds are getting a bit tedious. It's a bit like the words "cunt" and "fail". They lost their comedy potential when it's EVERY SINGLE POST.
  • Options
    jamelia wrote: »
    Ha, do you have some tragic little Word document that you paste every response you get into? Fair enough. Whatever makes you feel special and important.

But the bumblebees and the pictures of Noel Edmonds are getting a bit tedious. It's a bit like the words "cunt" and "fail". They lost their comedy potential when it's EVERY SINGLE POST.
    And yet, EVERY SINGLE POST of yours seems to be a reply to something I've said. Proof that I must be doing something right. Either that, or proof that you've got a crush on me.

As for the quotes, no such document. Quick search of the forum usually does the trick.
  • Options
    Not too bad as odds, I suppose. I just might lay a bet on it myself.

I'm thinking it will survive this year but not next.
    I'm reckoning on eighteen months.
    I like your pictures by the way ...adds a bit of colour.

depresssiongreat.jpg
  • Options
    fOR THOSE WITH AN ATTENTION SPAN OF MOre than ten minutes ...heres a an American view of the American situation ...

Mission Accomplished:
    The Reagan Occupation and the Destruction of the American Middle Class

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article25823.htm