Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What a disgrace...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What an absolute fucking disgrace. You all know what I'm talking about.

I cannot believe it, I cannot fucking believe it. Shocking, just shocking.

I'm so livid right now but I won't give up hope.

Three points from the Slovenia game....WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    ha ha, unlucky!
  • Options
    Fuck sake. I had to turn it off after about 70minutes, was pissing me off too much.
    Xx
  • Options
    Awful display very very disapointing , i would rather watch them lose after trying hard and showing some passion than another lack lustre draw where they just did'nt seem bothered.
    And what a dick Rooney is , was he expecting 12000 people who have used up a years holiday allowance and spent thousands of pounds to support England to give him a standing ovation , talk about losing touch with the real world you over paid jumped up tosser , perhaps if he thinks like that he maybe should not bother wearing that shirt again !
  • Options
    Has to be the worst I've ever seen England play, it was very disappointing.

But you know, maybe this will make them realise they need to get their act together and they'll give it a good go against Slovenia, well, here's hoping.
  • Options
    heh heh heh...

:thumb:
  • Options
    I just cant wait for the newspaper headlines when they got knocked out, saying how shit they were, serves the papers right for referring to every england team since 1966 as the golden generation.
  • Options
    Jaloux wrote: »
    heh heh heh...

:thumb:

+1
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    cannot believe it, I cannot fucking believe it. Shocking, just shocking.

Really? Are you that incredulous? Don't you remember feeling exactly like this during every major competition England have ever played in? I sure as hell do. I can pretty much only every remember feeling despondent while watching England play in competitions.

I liken watching England in competitions to Coldplay albums releases; there's always a lot of expectation, but ultimately it's always going to be more of the same old whiny shit.
  • Options
    Really? Are you that incredulous? Don't you remember feeling exactly like this during every major competition England have ever played in? I sure as hell do. I can pretty much only every remember feeling despondent while watching England play in competitions.

I liken watching England in competitions to Coldplay albums releases; there's always a lot of expectation, but ultimately it's always going to be more of the same old whiny shit.

have yourself a POTW nomination
  • Options

I very much appreciate what you're saying, although in previous tournaments we've at least had a good ride before the inevitable crash and burn. I refer to the 1990 World Cup (skip over 1994, lol), Euro 96 and even the 1998 World Cup saw some a moment of genius before one of stupidity.

The Eriksson era was as depressing as I can remember since the Graham Taylor one, and this one is worse still. Utter pile of shit. I don't expect miracles but I do expect passion. David Beckham, despite his frailties, at least personified that quality. At least he cared enough to try.

I agree that I am struggling to remember a performance worse than last Friday's. It was beyond awful. If I paid someone to paint my living room, who then turned up only to spill paint on himself and miss the walls on an alarmingly regular basis, I'd probably begrudge paying him the 6-figure bill. I might also not cheer too much, lol.

Oh, this is not all aimed at the quoted passage, just a general addition of my own views :)
  • Options
    super147 wrote: »
    I very much appreciate what you're saying,

[SNIP]

Oh, this is not all aimed at the quoted passage, just a general addition of my own views :)

I don't take it personally, don't worry! :D

In about 20 years of watching football I can remember England getting to one semi-final in a major competition. One. That's it. And at every major competition you'll hear 'this is the one', closely to be followed by 'I can't believe we played like that'. Fuck, wasn't it 2008 that we didn't even qualify to play in the European Cup? I don't know what the exactly problem is, but how many managers do we need to cycle through before realising that fundamentally, our players don't really seem to care that much about playing for England. Paul Gascoigne was the last guy I can remember whose passion was almost palpable.
  • Options
    I don't take it personally, don't worry! :D

In about 20 years of watching football I can remember England getting to one semi-final in a major competition. One. That's it. And at every major competition you'll hear 'this is the one', closely to be followed by 'I can't believe we played like that'. Fuck, wasn't it 2008 that we didn't even qualify to play in the European Cup? I don't know what the exactly problem is, but how many managers do we need to cycle through before realising that fundamentally, our players don't really seem to care that much about playing for England. Paul Gascoigne was the last guy I can remember whose passion was almost palpable.

Shearer was quite passionate about england, he just comes accross as a really boring person.
  • Options
    This is the same, in the main, team that played badly in 2006 and failed to qualify in 2008. Seriously guys, why was anyone expecting more of them?

I know, let's play Lampard and Gerrard. They have always gelled so well in the past. Or we could play Lennon down the wing, he can run really fast. Crosses are shit though.

England are a QF team, at best. Sooner of later people will realise that.