Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ecstasy disappearing from British clubs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Of the 1,848 tablets seized by security in 2009, 695 tested positive for piperazines while just 154 contained MDMA.

Great news. The crackdown on this relatively harmless drug, inevitably as a result of media hysteria rather than any actual evidence, has turned people towards more dangerous and ethically dubious drugs like cocaine instead. Meanwhile so-called ecstasy tablets could have anything in them. The war on drugs on form as usual.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    But ...

Cannabis medicine now available ....

Sativex is administered by a mouth spray device, roughly the size of an asthma inhaler,

The approval by the UK’s Medicines Health Regulatory Authority will allow doctors to prescribe Sativex directly without seeking named patient approval. It will cost roughly £11 ($16.2) a day and is likely to be reimbursed by most primary care trusts.

GW creates Sativex by processing cannabis plants it grows in secret facilities at an undisclosed location in the UK.

Sativex is formulated as a mouth (oromucosal) spray containing two chemical extracts derived from the cannabis plant: delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD).
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1e5e5e06-7d2f-11df-8845-00144feabdc0.html

These are the two substances you want in street cannabis.
    The first one ...THC ...is what gets you high and is in abundance in skunk.
    The second one ....CBD ...is what makes you relaxed and sleepy ...not much of it in skunk.

These sprays will therefore get abused ...I can't wait to abuse one!
    These sprays will therefore get abused ...I can't wait to abuse one!

I thought you were a good boy now. :)
    Teagan wrote: »
    I thought you were a good boy now. :)

I am!!
    But I still like my poison.:angel:
    Lol!

I must say though that I haven't had a good E in a couple of years (not that I take them that often). I think they have been lacking in MDMA for ages.
    Sad but it doesn't surprise me. The precursor for MDMA (safrole) is apparently much harder to get hold of now. This, combined with the massive influx of (previously legal) piperazines in the past few years, and people's willingness to take them, has destroyed the MDMA supply.

There will always be substances around for dealers to sell and clubbers to take, whether they're research chemicals like mephedrone, less illegal drugs like piperazines (class C vs MDMA's class A) or old and ubiquitous favourites like speed. It's completely short-sighted of the government to create a situation where arguably more dangerous drugs are now replacing MDMA.
    Is it Government action which is causeing it to disappear, in which case why hasn't it worked for harder drugs, or is it the criminals behind it wanting to move the consumers onto adictive substances in time for a period of economic difficulty?
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Big Gay wrote: »
    Is it Government action which is causeing it to disappear, in which case why hasn't it worked for harder drugs, or is it the criminals behind it wanting to move the consumers onto adictive substances in time for a period of economic difficulty?

It's because the precursor chemicals to make it are harder to come by. Heroin and and coke are still widely available because coca trees and opium are still widely grown.

The fact its so difficult to come by the precursor chemicals and the fact that there are alternatives which are cheaper and easier to get hold of means MDMA is sadly disapearing. I've been trawling through a lot of 'reasearch chemicals' recntly trying to find a decent alternative and the only one that came close was Meph - and really that didn't have the magic that MDMA does. Other so called alternatives have included various Pips are they're just plain fucking horrible.

It's really sad to think that the new generation wont have the same experiences I did.

I'd love decent bit of mandy right now. :crying:
    Weekender Offender 
    I'd love decent bit of mandy right now. :crying:
    There are still some decent pills floating around, if you can be bothered to find them, and shell out a tenner a bean.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    There are still some decent pills floating around, if you can be bothered to find them, and shell out a tenner a bean.

Havn't seen one for getting on two years.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote: »
    Havn't seen one for getting on two years.
    The facebooks were good... don't know if they were a new batch or some old ones someone's kept hidden away until now though.
    When I used to go clubbing, I was approached by a drug dealer once at pretty much every event I went to. He always used the stock phrase "do you want some pills?" I always assumed that it was ecstasy, but I always said no and I've never done drugs. This was going on until I was forced to leave the club scene last year due to unemployment. So whether the stuff I was constantly offered was "good quality" or not is one thing, but it was still going when I left last year.