Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What's up with the foxes?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jaloux wrote: »
    I don't know the details of that fox biting incident but it isn't unknown at all for an animal to wander into a building and even less of a surprise that an animal in an unfamiliar place becomes dangerous and unpredictable.

Exactly. I'm not sure what people think did happen if it wasn't a fox?

My mum and dad had a fox living under their shed at one point, and it was thoroughly vicious. It attacked both our dogs to the point they needed treatment at the vet, ripped open the guinea pig cage and killed him (didn't eat him, just spread him round the lawn) and regularly chased humans out of the garden.

Not to mention that it did try to get into their house over and over - scavenging for food, probably. They follow their noses, and babies of that age tend to have the remnants of food all over them much of the time. It's not a giant leap to think that the fox sniffed its way into that room. And as trusted family dogs attack kids from time to time, it's also not a giant leap to think that a wild animal might.

The issue here, for me, is not that foxes have suddenly started becoming a problem, but that all of a sudden we are hearing about it. We were manipulated before by an anti-hunting agenda and we're being manipulated again by a pro-hunting one.
    Cameron has already said he wants it back.
    This is the only reason why I'm being cynic about the fox stories. I saw a few last week in the woods, they just scuffed along. Showed no sign of aggression since I never towards them.
    Foxes are vicious creatures whose numbers need to be kept in check.

Out in the sticks, we know this and whilst foxes are still just as vicious, they have at least a healthy fear of man (as man often comes equipped with a fuck-off big gun). In the city however, people see fluffy wuffy Mr Fox and feed the fucking things!!! Unbelievable. The child attacks don't surprise anyone who actually has knowledge of these creatures. Whilst it probably didn't go out of its way to attack the poor brats (it was most likely scared) you don't get foxes wandering into houses in the countryside.
    Cameron got Mossad to do it.
    I don't have much time for people who think fox hunting's a bad idea myself. They often like to tell you that foxes are lovely, fluffy little creatures that wouldn't do anyone any harm. They ain't. They're nasty little cunts. The sooner that truth is acknowledged, the better.
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    I don't have much time for people who think fox hunting's a bad idea myself. They often like to tell you that foxes are lovely, fluffy little creatures that wouldn't do anyone any harm. They ain't. They're nasty little cunts. The sooner that truth is acknowledged, the better.

You really are a plank sometimes. :d
    I've never heard anyone say that. And since when did an animal's personality come into deciding how barbarically they can should be killed?

A hat-wearing fox? 8 million acres? I like it. Finally we see a light hearted slightly piss-take view on the current fox fetish :cool:
    I don't have much time for people who think Tory hunting's a bad idea myself. They often like to tell you that Tories are lovely, fluffy little creatures that wouldn't do anyone any harm. They ain't. They're nasty little cunts. The sooner that truth is acknowledged, the better.

That's better :thumb:
    :lol:
    G wrote: »
    I should have phrases "in principle"

In that case I agree...
    MoK wrote: »

So the idea of murdering those you politically disagree with is fine...

Some things shouldn't be said even in jest :no:
    So the idea of murdering those you politically disagree with is fine...

Some things shouldn't be said even in jest :no:

No-one mentioned "killing"... legislation doesn't allow hunting to kill ;)
    MoK wrote: »
    Tories are nasty little cunts - I can't dispute that.

So your edit = fail.
    Tories are nasty little cunts - I can't dispute that.

So your edit = fail.

Come on SG ...his edit was brilliant and you ...were owned boy :D
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Blame it on the wheelie bin.
    Weekender Offender 
    Come on SG ...his edit was brilliant and you ...were owned boy :D
    No. MoK = fail.
    No. MoK = fail.

SG = Man with spade knowing not when to stop digging the prescribed hole.
    I get the impression that you like the word 'fail', SG. You seem to be using it like it's going out of fashion.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Franki wrote: »
    I get the impression that you like the word 'fail', SG. You seem to be using it like it's going out of fashion.

Seems to have moved on from 'cunt' at least.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote: »
    Seems to have moved on from 'cunt' at least.

True! Although it does give me the same feeling as when Richard Madeley went through that phase of doing Ali G impressions and thought everyone was laughing with him.

Hmm, there isn't a cringing smiley...