Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Self Harm: I am losing faith in myself. Will I ever stop?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been fighting my urges and trying to distract myself, but I gave in. Its like putting a mask over my self harming. Its still there. I became very weak and gave into the temptation. I wish I could stop, but I am losing faith in myself. Everytime I make a new cut, I lose hope to ever recover, but I can't stop.

I use to suffer from severe depression and a light case of anorexia, but for the most part, I overcame those issues. I use to cut myself through those those problems. Now, self harm feels like a left-over habit whenever I am upset.

My addiction is affecting my relationships with other people. I feel friendless sometimes. It really hurts when my boyfriend tries to help. I have been very defensive, trying to keep him away from my problems so he will be happy. I do it because I love him. As far as I know, he is the only one who knows about my self harming. I want to keep it that way. I need to heal my scars before I destroy who I am (if I haven't already).

I need motivation to keep going, because I am very tempted to give up. Things look kind of hopeless.
:(

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi missingthecure,

Seems that you are struggling to resist temptation to harm today. No one can make you stop harming - only you can choose and make it happen. What has motivated and helped you to stop before? Can use this now?

Have you checked out any of the distraction tips, or any other links on your other thread? Some of these may help you right now?

If you love and trust your boyfriend, he wants to help and he is the only one that knows - it may be about letting him help and support you. It could be what you need, at what seems like a tough time for you?

Take care :)