Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

going to the races

um, what do you wear?

i am going in a few weeks time. my boyfriend's boss is treating them all! we are going to be in the posh stand! :hyper:

i have never been to a before. any suggestions on an outfit?

i don't really have much cash at the minute so i'm a bit stuck really!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Coast have a 'going to the races' section, its quite expensive but you could use it as an idea and try and find cheaper versions?
    Check out this linky
    Try Debenhams. They've got some nice dresses in which are cheaper than Coast and they've just got an online sale too :)
    If you're going in a posh stand i'd try for a nice dress or skirt/top combination with some nice shoes and a cardi or something over the top.
    p.s which races are you going to?
    I get dresses from Karen Millen when i go to the races, ours here have sales on at the moment so i assume they should do there too.
    could you wear the dress you wore for the wedding or is it too fancy?
    just a nice summery dress I'd say - not too casual but no need to go overboard, although some people do! maybe something for your hair too?
    I'd check if there is a dress code - its unlikely but some races have things like you must wear a hat or a skirt below the knee
    could you wear the dress you wore for the wedding or is it too fancy?

well, my fella has told me just to wear that! i've got a nice white shrug to go with it to dress it down a bit anyway so i think thats what i'm going to do rather than buying a new dress that i'll only wear a few times.

i'd rather spend my money on stuff i'll wear often lol.