Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Finding someone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi

this is a bit random but hey

i went on holiday last week where a girl on my plane caught my eye, she then ended up in my hotel where i repeatedly bottled to make an effort to speak to her despite realising i caught her eye too. I would plick
up the courage each day to talk but ended up never going ahead with it. On
my last day we were together in the pool and she came towards me but instead of talking we just kinda stood and smiled and got stuck
in the moment like a scene from a film. Then on my flight home i turn to find her sitting a few rows behind me. I spent the flight writing a note for her with my number on and also noticed she was looking at me alot However i was too shy and never gave her it.
Since i have been home this has got to me and i would love to find her. Please help in what i should do

Alex

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey Alex,

Firstly that sounded so sweet!

I don't know how you'd find her...it seems impossible to be honest :sour:
    like BB said, considering you only know her apperance and not her name it would be near impossible to find her,
    My only advice to you would be learn from this, next time someone catches your eye go up and talk to them if your getting signals from them,
    This is a lesson it took me ages to learn but its worth it
    curly_boy wrote: »
    My only advice to you would be learn from this, next time someone catches your eye go up and talk to them if your getting signals from them,
    This is a lesson it took me ages to learn but its worth it

Completely agree, took me ages to learn it too. It's a gutting feeling knowing you've missed the chance to get to know someone you felt you had a connection with - next time it happens, try to remember that feeling of kicking yourself for being too shy and go for it :)
    You know, listing the area, dates and flight information may help. Not with us, but if she happens to do some digging in Google and finds this thread.

She may be asking the very same question somewhere else... :)

PS - give them your bloody number in future! Even if you end up falling on your arse through shaking knees...
    i can be quite shy untill i know someone but there is no shame in sayin ur name...

if this girl was keen and there was a connection she might be trying 2 find u aswell try lookin up info on ur flight check your hotel online and see if any comments have been left maybe not helpfull info but worth a try eh
    Oh whey seems impossible :(
    thanks a lot anyway i will keep trying just didnt know where to start
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    (The following is phrased as a question because I'm not sure myself)

At which point does trying to find someone you once met cross the line into "crazy stalker" territory?

At which point does trying to find someone you once met cross the line into "crazy stalker" territory?

I think that it largely depends on the person who is being pursed or sought out as to their comfort zone. My definition of stalker territory would be when the pursuit becomes an all consuming obsession and detracts from the rest of your life, and when you build up a person in your mind to be way more than they are likely to be, or to be the key to your happiness.

That being said, I'm currently stalking ALL of you people on here! Some of what I've found in your household waste is quite interesting! :crazyeyes

Ha, interesting point.

I think there is quite a lit of behaviour which is romantic when it happens in the movies, but if it happened in real life would leave you running for the hills screaming.
    Alex9020 wrote: »
    hi

this is a bit random but hey

i went on holiday last week where a girl on my plane caught my eye, she then ended up in my hotel where i repeatedly bottled to make an effort to speak to her despite realising i caught her eye too. I would plick
    up the courage each day to talk but ended up never going ahead with it. On
    my last day we were together in the pool and she came towards me but instead of talking we just kinda stood and smiled and got stuck
    in the moment like a scene from a film. Then on my flight home i turn to find her sitting a few rows behind me. I spent the flight writing a note for her with my number on and also noticed she was looking at me alot However i was too shy and never gave her it.
    Since i have been home this has got to me and i would love to find her. Please help in what i should do

Alex

I've been there before. After they have left, you feel like you have let your whole life slip through your hands.

As the others have said, learn from this episode so next time you are in the same position, you KNOW that you have to act quickly. She would have likely been nervous too so, any mumblings and stumblings on your part would be overlooked by her. It's better to say something than nothing at all. :)