Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

:d:d:d

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so i have a date on saturday next week and i'm chuffed to bits with it, bloody happy about it
its my first one in a while and as you can imagine i'm very socially awkard at the best of times so i was wondering what i should wear? (its a movie coffee thing) i was thinking jeans and a smart shirt or sweater, now this is incredibly smart for me and as many people would agree i am the most scruffy person ever to grace this earth :P

and also can anyone suggest convosation topics, i know she likes the beatles and stuff like oasis but i'm someone thats into anything really, but mostly post-hardcore stuff like ADTR, but also the hold steady and city and colour so music is a possiblity so long as i don't bring up the fact that i think the beatles are highly over rated (NOT SAYING THAT THEIR CRAP JUST NOT AS GOOD AS THIER HYPE), but other than that and the movie i'm not sure

help please :D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If in doubt, ask her questions. Conversation will usually flow from there.

If it's just a coffee and a film, I don't know if a shirt is too formal? I would just wear i nice t/longsleeve t or a jumper (if i were a bloke ;) ) Keep it casual, less pressure.
    talk about the movie :yes: then about your favourite movies, ones you want to see, then generalise to tv shows, plays etc... if you click with her then you won't have a problem finding things to talk about.

also i think jeans and a shirt sounds nice, not a shirt with a hard collar or anything just a casual shirt.
    Like someone has said ask her about the movie, show an interest in her.

Then remember the M.A.T.E technique:

M = Movies
    A = Activities
    T = Travelling
    E = Entertainment

Other than that just try and be yourself, have fun...
    I always find talk about films on earlier dates to be a bit cliched, after all, you run the risk of having to comment about a film and they might be the complete opposite to you.

Where as with an activity chat, you can just say its something you tried but didnt really like.
    very smart

You are a very smart person!
    who is the smart person?????
    i'm confused
    curly_boy wrote: »
    who is the smart person?????
    i'm confused
    There's been a few people joining up and posting stuff irrelevant to the thread, and this person is one of them.
    ah k
    explains alot