Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Broken knuckle?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think I've broken a knuckle... does anyone know how long it'll take to get better? Because I have sports day next week that I've got to be fit for :impissed:

Xx

Comments

• Options
    If you think you've broken it then you are best going to A&E and get it checked out. I think, if it is broken, because of where it is they will put a cast on your hand. But you are best going especially if it is broken as you don't want it healing wrong!
  • Options
    aaaaakkkkkkk I'll just bandage it up I think. I can't be bothered with explaining it all to my mum. If the pain gets worse I'll go to A&E, but it's all cool for now.
    Xx
  • Options
    I think it is really hard to break a knuckle but if its sore i would go and it looked at , was it an accident or through frustraton ?

Hope it feels beeter soon and good luck with sports day *hug*
  • Options
    No, I'm pretty sure it's broken... it's all out of place and very gross :-/ i bandaged it up... would it be better to bandage it tightly or losly ?
    Xx
  • Options
    Does your local doctors surgery have a minor accidents clinic? Mine does and they do things like bandage you and, if it's broken, would probably encourage you to go to AnE, which you could always refuse if you're determined not to go to hospital.
  • Options
    Id definately go to the hospital, if it is broken and not properly reset you have a future most likely consisting of chronic pain and some loss of function in your hand to look forward to. Longer you leave it the more likely it will need to be broken again to fix it
  • Options
    Go to A&E. Seriously, you do not want problems with the bones in your hands. It is really complicated to fix problems with the bones in your hands and the longer you leave it the less and less the chances get that it can be done. Imagine if it the bones fused wrong and you had to get them broken and reset again.
  • Options
    No, I'm pretty sure it's broken... it's all out of place and very gross :-/ i bandaged it up... would it be better to bandage it tightly or losly ?
    Xx

It would be better if you WENT TO A&E.
  • Options
    exposedexposed Posts: 31 Boards Initiate
    go to A+E and get it reset and casted correctly. unless you do something about it, it will heal in that "mangled" shape.
  • Options
    I'm not going to hospital.. been looking online, and it says about 3 weeks for it to heal, so no sports day I guess.
    Cheers guys
    Xx
  • Options
    exposed wrote: »
    go to A+E and get it reset and casted correctly. unless you do something about it, it will heal in that "mangled" shape.

Always a good look
  • Options
    what happened to it?
  • Options
    Evenstar wrote: »
    what happened to it?

I punched a wall. It feels a bit better today, but theres like a gap on one side and it's all swollen, I can't explain it but it's like the knuckle has been knocked over. But it does hurt. If it starts feeling worse again I'll go to hospital. I think I've broke the little one too, but I've done that before so it doesn't matter too much.
    Xx