Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Am i???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi Guy's,

Well i've been trying for a baby. I came off the pill at the beginning of May and had my period. My next period was due beginning of June but it hasn't came. A week before it was due i had horrific cramps for 6 days til the point where i could'nt sit down. I'm now 10 days late.....did a test a few days ago but it was negative :confused:

Anyone had a similar experience???

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    A returnee, from before my time, hiya.

No advice but, there are a few who've tried for babies on here...
  • Options
    Yeah haven't been on here for a while. Hi Katralla :wave:
  • Options
    It's very normal for your period to go a bit all over the shop after coming off the pill. The first time I came off I had my normal withdrawal bleed just afterwards, but then didn't have a 'proper' period for over 3 months.

I'd advise waiting it out. If you think you may be pregnant repeat the test after a couple of weeks, but be aware it can take a little while for your fertility to come back.

Good luck, and don't forget your folic acid! :)
  • Options
    Yeah haven't been on here for a while. Hi Katralla :wave:

Didnt I make you that avatar?
  • Options
    Yes G you did make it......ages ago!! :d

Thanks Kaff i had a feeling it might be that so i'm not getting my hopes up. I'm taking my Folic Acid everyday for when the time does eventually come
  • Options
    And, have you had a list of the things you're not supposed to eat? don't know if any of them kick in pre-conception but there are some other things on the list that you could eat by accident if you didn't know, like types of cheese and runny egg yolks.
  • Options
    I came off the pill had a bleed then didnt have one for a month, then my cycles were very irregular, raging from 28 to 43 days!:eek: I fell pregnant after about 5 months, but it can take longer/shorter.

If you havent come on then I'd take another test in a few days... I bought cheap ones from Ebay (NHS ones) and got my positive on this one... I think it was like £1 for 10 sticks which is bargain compared to the £5 for two! Anyway I'll stop waffling:blush:

Good luck, hope you get pregnant soon :)
  • Options
    You can also get quite cheap ones from Wilkinsons.
  • Options
    Yeah, the cheap tests are ace. Poundland also do cheap ones, but I got mine off ebay as well. If you're trying and going to be testing a couple of times a month, it's well worth it.

And don't worry. It'll happen! It's weird, cause when you don't want a baby you have this thing when you think if you have sex once without protection, or miss one pill then OMG you'll be up the duff in a flash, but actually once you start actively trying you realise that for most people it's quite hard! Took us 3 months, which is comparitively quick, but I remember at the time it felt like forever!