Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Blood in Urine

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just been to the docs as my thighs are really hurting and as a routine they asked me to do a urine sample and they dipped it and said that it was showing a 4 plus blood in my urine. They said my legs are fine and the blood in my urine is unrelated- but I have to go for a blood test next week and provide another urine sample. The doctor said it could signify all sorts of things like kidney problems or a problem with my bladder, I'm just abit concerned as I've done urine tests before and they have always been fine and the doctor kept emphasing that it wasn't just blood but it was a 4 plus blood (I think relating to how much it was showing up as). He said it gave him cause for concern and that concerns me! Anybody know more about this sort of thing? Could it be nothing?

Comments

• Options
    I've pissed blood when I've had kidney infections. I don't know what the four bit relates to though. I hope you are okay :)
  • Options
    Well, I had blood in my sperm once and it was nothing (like a nosebleed in your sack), but blood does not belong there! (duh) and blood in your urinary tract can stand for a lot of different things ranging from nothing to worry to all kinds of nasty things, like cancer. But there is no reason to flip out and start writing last wills, because only the urine analysis will give you the real closure, what it really is and it's not like you can change anything right now, without knowing what it is.

So just be calm and await the results, as much as this is possible.
  • Options
    Leigh had a UTI (urinary tract infection) and he pissed a lot of blood. Quick course of anti-b's and he was fine. So it could be something not that serious.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Well, I had blood in my sperm once and it was nothing (like a nosebleed in your sack)

rofl