Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Where to go (spain) cheap break

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Me, my husband and son of nearly two years want to go to spain in a couple of months, does anyone know a good place in spain or the baleric islands?

We dont want a lively drinking destination, somewhere more quiet but not too quiet, we want things to do, like a nice beach thats not too far and to see something like a zoo, or a cave, or anything that would warrent a day out somewhere would be good, most importantly we just want to chill out for a week somewhere nice.

We dont want to spend a fortune either :no:

Any helpers :d
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i would go to menorca :) its really family orientated and not a big drinking place at all. some parts are very quiet and more aimed towards older people but if you went to cala'n bosch or cala'n forcat they're more lively. cala'n bosch has a lovely beach and a waterpark etc. im a little biased as i used to work/live there but when i have kids id definitely go on a family holiday there, the flight isnt too long either :)
    San Sebastian is nice. It's in the north, you can fly to Bilbao or get a ferry across.

I also love Barcelona, which is not as manic as you might expect, and I think some of the Gaudi stuff could really appeal to kids, particularly the parc.

Don't be put off by regional languages, almost everyone speaks 'Spanish'.
    I know the perfect place, Santa Susanna resort , Nr Barcalona! We have just been and it was lovely, we saw some bad reviews so was expecting the worse but we didnt have a complant!! We was a party of 4adults a 2yr old and a baby of 7months! It was all inclusive for £1200!! Great holiday, nice beach, pools and town!! Book on otbeach.com xx
    I recommend checking out 'onthebeach' website, we got an all inclusive 2 weeks in Egypt a few years ago for £300 each.