Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Weed

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

I'm not saying that everyone who smokes weed will end up like this. I didn't. But there is a danger of losing touch with reality and responsibility with heavy long-term use.

i know what you mean..

I, other factors like food intake, pollution, enviroment, exercise... lifestyle could be a factor, maybe she should eat her green instead
    one thing is that weed has gained the reputaion as a chill out drug from the early days when it was alot weaker and not mixed with certain chemicals (the names slip me right now)
    today, its a hell of alot stronger, this makes it far easier to white out on it etc

I recently quit smoking but i still smoke spliffs with some baccy in ocasionaly (but mostly just on its own) and i actually have found that i've been less prone to feeling down and depressed (i used to have serious problems), i'm not saying this is down to the weed but some people have said it could make mental issues worse in this thread and i have had no such thing, so maybe it differs for diffrent people
    curly_boy wrote: »
    one thing is that weed has gained the reputaion as a chill out drug from the early days when it was alot weaker and not mixed with certain chemicals (the names slip me right now)
    today, its a hell of alot stronger, this makes it far easier to white out on it etc

Cannabis isnt't mixed with other chemicals, for one thing other drugs are more expensive. As for it being stronger now, that's largely a myth. Yes sensi cannabis is stronger than 'soap bar' but that's not saying much and anyway sensi has been around for at least 15 years and stronger hash has been around for at least 30. The one issue that is possibly of concern is the higher rates of THC in conparison to CBD.
    I felt a whole lot better when i quit smoking, started again unfortunatley but i've noticed the benefits of quitting so stopping soon, however when i ate weed i got nothing but giggles and a good high, i blame bacca for lots of ailments