Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Job application form

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This question: Have you been absent from work or study due to illness or injury over the past two years?

What does it actually mean? Long-term illness, or any absences at all? :chin:

Comments

• Options
    Hmm, not sure, normally it says something like how many days sickness have you had or something.

Think i'd be tempted to put 0 if it's only been the odd day or two in this case. Has it got another bit that asks you to explain why?
  • Options
    Thanks Kat B,

Nah it just gives you the option to put either yes or no and then says:
    "If yes, please provide full details of dates of absence due to sickness or injury below."

I've had the odd day off. No idea how many or the dates. I know that my reference from my last employer will have all those sort of details on (like the 2/3 days I took off and the dates)

If I put yes, then i will have to put details (which I don't know), and if i put no I'll be lying. Grrrrr I hate these forms.
  • Options
    I used to work in recruitment.

They wont be interested in the odd day off. The question is designed to pick up any potential medical issues that might impact on your ability to do the job. I should simply write "2-3 days sick in the last two years. Unsure of exact dates." And don't worry about it.
  • Options
    I used to work in recruitment.

They wont be interested in the odd day off. The question is designed to pick up any potential medical issues that might impact on your ability to do the job. I should simply write "2-3 days sick in the last two years. Unsure of exact dates." And don't worry about it.

Awesome, thanks.