Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Facebook and stuff

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can you get in trouble with the police for posting pictures of you doing illegal substance abuse? I'm talking class A's, blatent in a picture?...

What are the risks you run?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Quite possibly not because you can always claim that they aren't what they look like. Having said that its still a really stupid idea because its open to the wider public, so people like family friends can see it, employers etc.
    Fair enough... :)
    Yeah, I wouldn't if I was you.
    Xx
    You could stick privacy on those pictures, but then why upload them in the first place? Best not to stick them up at all.
    It would probably be enough to get a search warrant.
    budda wrote: »
    Quite possibly not because you can always claim that they aren't what they look like.

that's your defence- ever taken to court by police and CPS the Facebook picture of substance abuse in your profile is extra evidence against you- on top of written police statements etc
    Can you get in trouble with the police for posting pictures of you doing illegal substance abuse? I'm talking class A's, blatent in a picture?...

What are the risks you run?

Was common sense an injection that you missed at birth?
    While it wasn't a very smart move it is unlikley that the photographs alone would be enough for a conviction in a Court of Law. There is no offence that actually covers taking an illegal substance, however, poessession is of course a criminal offence. The Crown would need to prove that beyond reasonable doubt the substances seen in the photograph are actually Class A, which is impossible to do without having a sample of the subtsance to test.

However, should someone considering you as a potential employee stumble accross such photographs it would be enough for them todecide not to hire you. More and more employers are doing searches on the internet for potential employees to see if there s anything that could potentially be damaging to their company.
    Avizandum wrote: »
    While it wasn't a very smart move it is unlikley that the photographs alone would be enough for a conviction in a Court of Law. There is no offence that actually covers taking an illegal substance, however, poessession is of course a criminal offence. The Crown would need to prove that beyond reasonable doubt the substances seen in the photograph are actually Class A, which is impossible to do without having a sample of the subtsance to test.

However, should someone considering you as a potential employee stumble accross such photographs it would be enough for them todecide not to hire you. More and more employers are doing searches on the internet for potential employees to see if there s anything that could potentially be damaging to their company.

I think if someone is stupid enough (in my opinion) to post those kind of pictures up on facebook, then there is likely to be enough evidence lying around waiting to be found and used in conjunction with the pics on facebook.