Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Do Indian girls date black guys?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why wouldn't they? :confused:
    err, if they want to?!
    I don't think it came up at the last big meeting :impissed:

I'm only speaking about Hinduism here, as it's the only Indian religion I know much about, but the British Hindu culture encourages keeping marriage and dating within the religion (which all religions do, I suppose), so perhaps it is less usual to see an indian girl with a black guy (or any other ethincity) than an indian girl with an indian guy, but its not like trying to put two repelling ends of a magnet together or anything :confused:
    Generally speaking, no.

- at least according to OKCupid's analysis of their message response data
    By Indian are you referring to people of Southern Asian descent, as opposed to people of Indian nationality?

Anyway, to answer your rather odd question: I never have, but I would.
    I don't think there's a law against it.
    jamelia wrote: »
    By Indian are you referring to people of Southern Asian descent, as opposed to people of Indian nationality?

Anyway, to answer your rather odd question: I never have, but I would.

Are you Indian?
    I'm half-Indian, I live in India, and I've dated a black person (a girl, but wtv.)

However, a lot of people, especially older people, are quite racist and wouldn't want their daughters dating black men.

I don't know if this is really applicable to your question since I don't know much about British-Indian culture.
    I'm half-Indian, I live in India, and I've dated a black person (a girl, but wtv.)

However, a lot of people, especially older people, are quite racist and wouldn't want their daughters dating black men.

I don't know if this is really applicable to your question since I don't know much about British-Indian culture.

Is this because of the caste system, and that dark-skinned persons are lower in the caste system rankings?

I like Indian girls too bad. I'd really like to date one. :yes:
    kira wrote: »
    Is this because of the caste system, and that dark-skinned persons are lower in the caste system rankings?

Well, I don't want to make too many generalizations in case I'm wrong, but this is sometimes a factor in my experience.

Just cause some Indian people can be prejudiced doesn't mean they all are, so don't lose hope :thumb:
    Well, I don't want to make too many generalizations in case I'm wrong, but this is sometimes a factor in my experience.

Just cause some Indian people can be prejudiced doesn't mean they all are, so don't lose hope :thumb:

So which ones are less likely to be racist?
    So which ones are less likely to be racist?

I think you may be taking FictionOverflow a bit too literally. My interpretation of her post is that you may meet some Indian people who are more prejudiced than others - not that there are particular castes/classes that you should avoid because they definitely would be. If there is a particular Indian girl that you like, your best bet is probably to invite her out for a very casual date and see if she is interested.
    I thought Kira was a girl. :blush:
    I think you may be taking FictionOverflow a bit too literally. My interpretation of her post is that you may meet some Indian people who are more prejudiced than others - not that there are particular castes/classes that you should avoid because they definitely would be. If there is a particular Indian girl that you like, your best bet is probably to invite her out for a very casual date and see if she is interested.

OK. I presumed she meant that certain classes were racist.
    I think it would depend on the person Kira.

However, I know Indian people... Some of the young Indian women I know, their families are very protective of them.

One lass I knew had the 'no BMW' rule... No blacks, Muslims or whites.

Some people are more traditional than others.

What do you like about Indian women? Is it the culture? Traditional clothing? Or the genetic features?

I find south Asian people physically beautiful.
    They sure do!!! Not the traditional ones though.
    Namaste wrote: »
    I think it would depend on the person Kira.

However, I know Indian people... Some of the young Indian women I know, their families are very protective of them.

One lass I knew had the 'no BMW' rule... No blacks, Muslims or whites.

Some people are more traditional than others.

What do you like about Indian women? Is it the culture? Traditional clothing? Or the genetic features?

I find south Asian people physically beautiful.

I like the features and the clothing. I think their skin is often very smooth and their often long black hair is nice.

They certainly don't seem all that keen on stinky, dishevelled, Kingfisher-sodden white guys! :D
    Depends. I'm sure they do, but it's not that common. I have quite a lot of Chinese friends and a lot of these, despite being born in the UK, have been brought up to socialize primarily with other Chinese which tends to lead to relationships with only other Chinese.

Not sure if it's the same for Indians, but bigotry against blacks is worse than against other non-Chinese. For example, a Chinese girl living here once told me that her parents could tolerate her having a white boyfriend but certainly wouldn't put up with a black boyfriend. Additionally, children in these cultures, even if adult, seem to be more concerned about upsetting their parents more than typically western people do.

I'm not saying that's how it is across the board, but these sort of prejudices are not at all uncommon.