Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

starting to hate and be annoyed with life and wonder what good it is to live.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i posted on here awhile ago because i needed some advice. but im starting to really hate life and wonder why its worth it to live. i just finished up a semester of school and im 23. but things have not been good for me. i have a therapist but besides that there's no one i like to talk to because i dont want to burden them, i know i can talk to my parents but i dont want to and the very few friends that i have i dont want to bother. I dont have alot of friends, dont belong to any clubs im alone mostly and when im not alone im at home with my parents and grandma since i still live with them. i used to go out to bars with friends but they dont go anymore and i went to a bar by myself and hated it cause im so shy. so now i go to my room and cry on saturday and friday nights. another thing that bugs me is i had a friend i was close to up until about a month ago, he just stopped talking to me and he never told me what was wrong so we never talk and were still friends on facebook but he talks to other people and not me, im a toy he threw in the corner. another thing that bugs me is ive never had a girlfriend and want one so bad but its never happened and i feel like it wont and that ill be alone my whole life. my friends mostly all have girlfriends or have better luck with women and i dont, im very shy and unnatractive. and when im with my friends women will flirt with them and not with me, they look better then me and im just a big turd that needs to be cleaned up. and when i go to a cafe and i see a woman i like i freeze and look the other way and pretend im not intrested because im so nervous around women. i want to try to get out more but im very shy and meeting people in social places is akward. i feel inferior to others in dating and also in general. im just starting to feel like life is not worth it and maybe just staying in my room and crying as a i do every night and never leave the house and stay in my room, and shelter myself away from people and my friends. i though being in your early 20's was fun but im hating it.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Plan for yourself.

The idea that the 20s is fun is something that society says. it's not an absolute. Find out what makes you happy, and pursue.

Also look into confidence building classes.
    Hey 23andsingle :wave:

Sorry to hear you're finding life hard at the moment. Try not to put so much pressure on yourself and comparing yourself to other people.

Maybe try doing something different than going to a bar, I bet most people would be pretty shy in that situation. I know you said you're not a member of any clubs or anything like that but would you consider joining any? Maybe there's something going on at your school that you could get involved with?

Another good place to meet people is the gym ..... I know, I know, everybody hates it when the gym is mentioned but aside from the social aspects it really can make such a difference to the way you're feeling.

I hope you can find something to make you feel life can be good,

dp :heart:
    thank you

thank you for giving me advice, its true i think what i need to do is get out there and see if there are any groups that intrest me, but going someplace new and talking to and meeting new people (especially women is hard for me. though i would like to meet more females so that way i feel more comfortable around them. and that increases chances for more friendships and a possible gf.
    Nobody really dates, but find things to make you happy first.

Join a club or a group, and learn how to be comfortable with others.